Heating and Lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lachie96

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am getting a coastal carpet python and was wondering what type of heating and lighting should i get. I live in brisbane so its pretty warm, can get cold though. Here is a link for a bulb and was wondering whether it would be good for my snake- http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=48
Do i need to use this with a fluorescent light aswell or can i just keep it by itself.

i use 60w ceramics for heat , there is no need for fluorescent lighting.
jmo.
cheers:)

so i dont really need to have something like that bulb to stimulate daylight

reptiles need a day night cycle,just like we do.Being up in brisbane you probably wouldnt even need a heat lamp in summer,someone from brissy might be of more help.

cheers mat.

is there anyone in brissy out there to help me

just leave it in a room with a open window that will allow light in, then theres no need for a fluro.

i dont think it will realy matter, except if it needs heat at night the lights gonna be on, so it will disrupt the snakes day cycle. but you can also choose not to use heat at night, alot of people dont bother with it and just turn it on during the day.

do u guys let ur snakes hibernate or do u keep the heat source going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back