feeding beardies pinkies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

james thompson

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am trying to get my female beardie big for breeding.Is it bad to feed them pinkies more than once a week.
Cheers,
James!

Feeding small rodents as staple isn't recommended as it is far from their natural diet, high amount of protein and fat isn't much chop for their liver ect. Once and a while is fine, though best not get into a habit of it.

I only feed mine pinkies just after they've laid eggs. Certainly wouldnt do it twice a week for any extended period.

It's not bad to feed them pinkies but not heaps often.I feed one to my Beardie about every 3-4 weeks.

I only feed pinky mice to fully grown adults and even then it's usually only the females during breeding season. Sometimes once a fortnight, sometimes once a month.

You probably shouldn't use feeding it pinkies as short cut for rushing it to breeding size, pinkies will just make it fat and unhealthy not bigger. If you want it to be bigger than do it properly or just buy one already the right size.

Hey code red,
what about once a week?

Its entirely up to you, but personally I wouldnt.
This season is pretty much over anyway so you have plenty of time to build them up for next year. No need to rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back