Just got my roaches in from the Herp Shop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy86

Reaction score
Hi all,

i know getting roaches in doesn't sound interesting, but it was!! It was my first delivery from the herp shop, thanks to all those that recomended it!!! as there is nothing in cairns, or they charge an arm and a leg for half dead ones!! anyway, back on track, i was out when they came in and my nana who lives with us had to sign for them, lucky i prewarned her they were comming. so as i am opening the box and putting them in the breeding collony there were a few escapes, so heres my nearly 80 grandmother, running around screeming yuck, yuck!! and me telling her just to grab them and put them in the box!! anyway quite funny to watch, seems not everyone shares us reptile lovers love of crawly things!!!

LOL i've kept reptiles for 3-4 years now and umm i will NEVER get used to roaches!!!! they scare the $%*# out of me :p and when i get a few strays in with the crix i scream like a little girl and do a song and dance i'm not sure if it's the fact that they carry disease multiply like rats or that they only come out at night :D that scares me but it's something i'm sure i'll never get used to ...any roach feeds at my house are done on the street outside and even then i freak out about it!

hehehe, i'm fine with the roaches, its the crickets i cant stand!!!

LOL i've kept reptiles for 3-4 years now and umm i will NEVER get used to roaches!!!! they scare the $%*# out of me :p and when i get a few strays in with the crix i scream like a little girl and do a song and dance i'm not sure if it's the fact that they carry disease multiply like rats or that they only come out at night :D that scares me but it's something i'm sure i'll never get used to ...any roach feeds at my house are done on the street outside and even then i freak out about it!

What a big girl! :lol: :lol:

I used to hate them and the feel, and although no longer use roaches, with a fair few hungry beardies and lots of feeding I soon got over it and by the end would just plunge my hand in and grab a handful. :shock:

If anything its safer with the roaches, because you will find although they don't 'bite', large crix can give a little nibble which is a bit off putting on the palm of the hand and usually makes me drop the whole handful. :x

I will add, I feel obsessive compulsive I wash my hands so much.

really? it seems i have more crix in my house than in their tummys most of the time ..the only time i freak is if one crawls across my foot or up my leg, but i actually enjoy watching them and my dog loves to eat the strays. Also that whole roaches and vaseline thing is laughable they have no issues hiking over the border :)

The advantage of stray woodies over crix is that the woodies generally aren't seen in daylight hours so the misses doesn't go crook. Flamin stray crix are all over the place here, up the walls, bathroom, saucepan draw, even on the doona now and again. So irritating, even to me! I'm just hoping the adults don't breed in the warm corner of the bedroom and then we will have 3 billion pinheads!!! Oh well, at least I won't have to buy crix for a while. :)

ha, yeah crickets always seem to escape! I must say thought the whole putting my hand in a box full of roaches takes nerves of steel to stop the gross factor, just think food, just think food, is usually going through my mind, deep breathes, then one runs up your arm, never good!!! i must say i am still trying to get hold of that fluron stuff an so far the vasaline is working, maybe i just have dumb roaches, i see them all run up to it, then stop and go back down again ?!?!?

Vaseline is ok. I used it for a while but you just have to make sure its a fairly wide line of it, and its fairly thick but 'smooth'. I had no major problems but you just have to be careful, especially if you ever have long sleeves, I managed to get vaseline on myself a fair bit.

yeah have found that one out!! still hoping to find some in cairns otherwise its back to the herpshop i think!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back