Leijon's Carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leijon_morelia

Hi!

Got a request for some pictures så I thought I would complie (?) This is "Pelle" as a "kid" :D I had him in one of those "pet boxes" whilst I designed his real home. Hes born June 4th 2006 and I got him Sep. 15th from a dude in Sthlm.
Pelle.jpg

This is my room, drawn in CAD, Autodesk Inventor late 2006 and in sep. I begunn with the building process.
rum2-1.jpg

Painting base paint... 2 coats.
2007-01-15001.jpg

(not me in the picture)

2 coats of waterresistant green...
2agrn001.jpg

Winter 2006 the litle tike is growing fast and soon the pet box will be too small...
Pellegsp.jpg

After christmas break I baught the first peice of glas...
Glas.jpg

He out-grew the box so I managed to move him to the courner area in the cage...
temporrtterrarie001.jpg

temporrtterrarie009.jpg

And he stayed there for the whole of winter and spring... until mid summer. Now he is huge compared to the old photos as a you snake. A few shots out on the lawn catching som rays...
IMGP0160.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

At last some more money (summer work) and some more building :D. The center peice (eventually the glas "doors" will mount ontop of this peice. Obviously with all the paint and glueing going on we both slept in the tv-room... it smelled to say the least :?)...
IMGP0236.jpg

IMGP0238.jpg

A few "greens", bark and branches to make it a bit more "natural"...
IMGP0234.jpg

IMGP0240.jpg

And this is basicly what it looks like today...
IMGP0246.jpg

A troll f--ked up my economy a bit this period in school so the cash is running low and the build came to a grinding halt and a temperary solution hade to be made... and fast.
Solution... Nylon meshing.
IMGP0244.jpg

And would you beleave it or not, I was at a expo (reptile exibition) late August and found this little preacious for a "steal" and couldnt resist...
IMGP0331.jpg

Hes exactly one year older than she and they seem to get along great and shes growing fast.
IMGP0332.jpg

"Maja"
IMGP0514.jpg

"Pelle"

Future plans... Well I now have both the screen doors and one of the two rails for them.
In the beguinning I also had plans for an aquarium (small one) with fish in and a waterfall on a rock face background... but well se... Most likley Ill have to modyfie thos plans a notch. But thats basicly it I guess. Eventually I hope to breed a few snakes from them.

Hes a M.Sp.Che - trophy and shes a Jag. sib so it could be fun to see the outcome in a few years :D.

Later!!
Nick

That is one lucky snake.

All in all, how long did it take you to make that? That is a very nice enclosure.

that looks fantastic, im jealous.

Dave

Off and on it took roughly a year to get it all done. (still have to mount the screen doors though...) But Im quite happy with how things turned out in the end.

Thanks for the great comments!!

//Nick

Awesome looking enclosure, that would've taken a while longer than planed lol.
Gorgeous looking snakes, you should be proud :)

I thought I should give you all an update on the building situation. I can with a smile from ear to ear say that the enclosure is FINISHED!! At long last it is done!. All the screens are in place, all aluminum rails and the like. I even have a lock on it now :D

I has taken roughly 1,5 years to get it done. Off and on. The reason its taken so long is that Im a student with no job, studying full time and have my on flat. We get a few bucks from the govenrment but most of it goes to rent and food and that sort of thing... very litle and sometimes nothing is left over for the project.

My dad helped me out with the tinted plexiglas screens he found at work. Aside from that its all me. Ive designed it my self, payed for everything my self and built it by my selfe, with a litle help from my friends.
I am so proud :D!

A few pictures:
Last week..
IMGP0913.jpg

Wednsday evening..
IMGP0914.jpg

Friday morning..
IMGP0918.jpg

IMGP0917.jpg

I removed the gray tube and replaced it with a bigger one (yellow) in the center of the roof. It goes for roughly half an hr 3 times a day and when it shuts off the humidity is near the high 80's and the tank is half full with fogg. The fogg is so thick that you cant see the opposite end of the tank :D and it looks the part :D

//Nick

Wow...
What a great job. You should be proud on what you have created. Someone with true herp passion, well done.

The small one just shed. In 2 sheds she went from this
IMGP0331-1.jpg

... to this. She coming out very nicely :D
monty080311.jpg

//Nick

i want those snakes!!! lol oh and the enclosure. can't have the snakes without the enclosure lol.
you have done a great job!!! well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back