water, vermiculite ratio?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteyluvsrum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
g'day,
can anyone tell me what the recommended water/vermiculite ratio for incubating woma eggs and whats the recommened incubating temp is? also any other tips for a first timer at incubating woma eggs?
cheers.

I've heard you can get Vericulate at nurseries ;)

500 grams to 400ml of water, some people use 500 grm and 500 ml but i find it a bit sloppy. Set temp at 31.5 degrees.

500 grams of vermiculite to 400 mls of water at 31.5 c +/- 1 c
you can get vermiculite at any hydroponics store

Just to let you know I bought Vermiculite at my local Bunnimgs for about $8.00 last week.

I personally run vermicutilt 1:1 then add double that amount of water again and have a shelf for the eggs to sit on works great
Have also used no vermiculite but water tends to splash a bit so the vermiculite helps with that

Water Water Water

Can ANYBODY on here give me ONE reason why you have to have vermiculite at all, apart from the b#lls##t reason the bloke down the road does, l have been using water only for 10-12 years with womas bhp,s macs and diamonds with excellent results and would never again use anything else.........at 31.5 ......cheers solar 17...[baden]

give the man with the water 10 points

i can personally vouch for solar 17's use of water, nice, clean and vermiculite free is the way to be- cheers

Can ANYBODY on here give me ONE reason why you have to have vermiculite at all, apart from the b#lls##t reason the bloke down the road does, l have been using water only for 10-12 years with womas bhp,s macs and diamonds with excellent results and would never again use anything else.........at 31.5 ......cheers solar 17...[baden]

acts as a temperature buffer

wayter water water as well

i to use nothing but water as does solar17 but i use water with my monitor eggs and find it works great and i would use nothing else

water water water

still NO good reasons in MY opinion l use a carel thermostat on a UPS system and get POINT ONE of a degree variation.....cheers solar 17 [baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back