Breeding Crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki31

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me on how to breed crickets and woodies. I want to start breeding them sick of buying them already and only had my beardies for a month.

Help please

there is a bit in wiki i think, kindly donated by Missb.

hey Nikki im going to start using this site http://frogs.org.au/arcade/index.php...cc6281287f79f0... or im going to try and breed woodies.

P.S i know how you feel!.. it just cost a fortune after a while! :) anway... good luck with breeding them if you decide to do so!. if you could, keep upto date on how you go with them!

Cheers,

CJ

just breed woodies crickets are a lot of work and woodies thrive on neglect
for the woodies just get a large say 60 liter container and a heap of those cardboard apple trays
stack the trays at one end of the box and bob is your uncle.
feed the woodies carrots and rat cubes before long you will have more woodies than you need
p.s make shore you paint around the top of the container with this stuff called fluon ad1
the woodies cant clime over it you can get it from the herp shop :D

crix aren't hard to breed, nor do they take any more work than say, 10 minutes a day, if that. my breeders are in a large tub, and the offspring are in a 4 foot fish tank, no heating, on coir and keys trays, tho they are inside a shed. All you need to do is make sure they have food, water and shelter, and a place for the breeders to lay their eggs and snip, tuck, bob';s your auntie.

Well i was considering doing the same. Later down the track i might get a woodie colony but atm their is a supplier whos like 10mins away from me who sells 40+Crickets per tub for $3.50 so i'm gonna get probably 200 on tuesday arvo and well see how it goes.

Dont try and breed them nikki its a pain i reckon just get woodies ...

i started a cricket colony and a woody colony about 6 weeks ago. crickets were no good but the woodies are fantastic.

your best chance is to buy a kilo gram of woodies.i know a few sellers.one of them has a account on aussie pythons and snakes.he goes by the name of code red.you should be sweet after that.we brought ours about half a year ago and the coloney has doubled since we first got them.they are much easier to breed then crickets because they have live young.:D:D

woodies do not have live births, they lay eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back