Woma Localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we have:
Tanami Desert inc Topaz NT
Uluru NT
Rock Hampton downs NT
Tennant Creek NT
Rabbit Flats NT
Collaris QLD ? Where is this
Ripon Island WA
DeGrey River Sandfire WA
Boodaries WA is this correct ?
Sa local
what about South western Wa (Kalgoorlie to Geraldton areas?)

Localities

Hi there.as i have been living in the N.T. since '77 and keeping woma's since '87, i can give accurate details from Genuine experience attained.The Rockhampton Downs form Originated from GOWi, with an outstanding male called "Rocky", which came from there.(this pattern is no different from specimens encountered further north as far as Daly Waters, or as far south as Aileron(Tennant Creek, Barrow Creek, Ti Tree). Since he passed away nearly three years ago and "rocky" has been sold, you now see this as being the "brand name " getting used more.I call these Tanami Woma'sThe Rabbit's Flat roadhouse is in the Tanami Desert and close to the Granites gold mine.these specimens are very light golden yellow with some specimens having orange ventrals, others olive / grey.I call these Tanami Woma'sThe Alice Springs form right across the west to Ayres rock(mereenie loop, olgas, kings canyon)are the large red(dark) banded forms called Uluru Woma'sIf you locate them east of Alice or South of Alice you can encounter the South Aus. form, some localities are Moomba, Birdsville, Oodnadatta, Marla, Cooper Pedy.When going to the west of aus. i don't have very much experience at all, but you can see that when a specimen is encountered at a Townsite, people start to use this as a defining fact when it really may be the same "FORM" as many other "LOCALITIES".The large broad banded form you like are Uluru form.99% of woma's are placid as, except for food time!

Thanks redcentrerodents, when i started to look these localities up on the maps they seemedto be very close and i came to the conclusions that differnt people labelled them so they were seen to be a new exciting locale of Woma. Al though i have learnt of a new locale in Wa ,The sandfire Pilbara region as shown by Premier python.
And yes i love the Uluru and cant wait till march when im purchasing one from SXR.

No Worries there mate.do you keep woma's already?i know you will love whateva you end up with!!!!woma's are my specialty. i will always keep em!

Yes the Boodaries are from WA in the Pilbara Region i believe best to check with PilbaraPythons or Trueblue (members of this site) as I believe they started the breeding program for this locale of woma.

Splitmore is right - as soon as RHD Woma's came onto the market there seemed to be a million of them available. It's a shame that some people are so dishonest as those with the genuine RHD's get screwed over.

These are Ti-Tree locality, which from what I can gather is very close to the Tanmi desert, and is located between Alice Springs & Tennant Creek.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1445.jpg
    IMG_1445.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 33
Thats so true? Thats why I opted for the Boodarie's only two people I knew of that had a breeding program of them up and running, bought them the first time they were available, so I knew I would be getting what they were claimed to be. Also helps to buy from Reputable breeders.:)

Gday, as soon as i can work out how to scan and post a picture i will show you a NSW woma. A customer of mine seen it crossing the road about 140km SE of Cameron corner.
He thought it was a king brown and took a pic for me.

Thanks peoples, i found Tea tree 320 k south of Tennant creek as the crow flies and 220k from Alice. Its obviously a great region for Womas from Sa to Arnhem land. I would be interested to see the Nsw one mentioned by Hawktime.
Ps redcentrerodents not keeping any yet but will be buying in march so just researching a bit. Any tips on enclosure heating or the like would be greatly appreciated.

As ad has said the s/w qld form is different again to other forms and are even given a different name, "collaris",
they are different to the SA form.
They are found from the Moonie region west to around Windoora/ Birdsville.

Splitmore is right - as soon as RHD Woma's came onto the market there seemed to be a million of them available. It's a shame that some people are so dishonest as those with the genuine RHD's get screwed over.

considering there is over 8 thousand members on this forum and i have only seen about 4-5 people post pics of RHD, of which they are all from only 2 seperate breeders, i wouldnt say that there are millions of them? i know of one or two that imo are not RHD but are claimed to be as you said but not many. i think the problem is is that RHD can throw noramlly looking bande animals aswell as the broken patterned animals, also you can see some other locals throwng the broken banded animals aswell so i would imagen some people slapping the RHD name on them.

hmmmm do we know of anyone keeping or breeding the QLD form as i would love some full body shots

would also like to know how they compare size wise to the other types of womas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back