Woma Localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They grow quite large...they are very similar to north east SA Woma's but generally darker and have the eyebrows. I will try and grab some photos of some soon.

Australia Zoo has a collection of Qld Womas from the Briglow Belt, which they have bred over the past few years. Have a look at their web site, and there are quite a few photos which show their distinctive patterning.

Thanks for the link Earthling. They stated that they grow to 5-6 foot as an adult, this would be small for a woma wouldn't it? Interesting colours but generally light banding.
Are therre any Womas from southern Wa area as stated in Aust reptiles say Kalgoolie region?

Cracks on holiday in Wilsons Prom Brrrrrr cold

considering there is over 8 thousand members on this forum and i have only seen about 4-5 people post pics of RHD, of which they are all from only 2 seperate breeders, i wouldnt say that there are millions of them? i know of one or two that imo are not RHD but are claimed to be as you said but not many. i think the problem is is that RHD can throw noramlly looking bande animals aswell as the broken patterned animals, also you can see some other locals throwng the broken banded animals aswell so i would imagen some people slapping the RHD name on them.

While it may be true only 4-5 people have posted pics doesn't mean they are the only ones keeping RHD animals, a lot of people don't like to post pics some even don't know how, and that is not even taking into account the people that don't use this or even possibly any herp forum, I have heard of tonnes of people keeping RHD, just keeping a broad mind for the herp community that may nnot be part of this or any forum for that matter.

Cheers

While it may be true only 4-5 people have posted pics doesn't mean they are the only ones keeping RHD animals, a lot of people don't like to post pics some even don't know how, and that is not even taking into account the people that don't use this or even possibly any herp forum, I have heard of tonnes of people keeping RHD, just keeping a broad mind for the herp community that may nnot be part of this or any forum for that matter.

Cheers

i understand that, but that goes for all locals, therefor considering the representation RHD's have in comparison to other locals, i would consider there to be not 'millions' around.
either way. lets not start another pointless debate! this forum has enough of them already...lol.
i admit however ehen somebody posts a nice shot of a locality animal evryone will come out with there pics > seems like there are alot.
personally i want more pictures of rabbit flats and rippon islands!

also just to add, i believe ripon island isnt actually an island off the coast it is just and area that has frequent flooding which results is an area above water = island (this is from memory, hopefully pilbarra or rob can validate this)

Australia Zoo has a collection of Qld Womas from the Briglow Belt, which they have bred over the past few years. Have a look at their web site, and there are quite a few photos which show their distinctive patterning.

They are really dark, not my favourite woma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back