Ta Ta Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteAndSqueeze

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Ta Ta Lizards aka St Gilbert's Dragon aka Lophognathus gilberti? Is it possible to keep them in captivity? My daughter wants to get a lizard. I don't want to get something which grows too big. We saw these in NT and they are very cute. Does anyone have any info please?

G'day mate,

They aren't a suitable captive lizard if you want something as a pet or to interact with. They are kept though, by a couple of people I know. They seem a little stressy, sometimes fussy eaters and not as tolerant to mistakes as something like a Bearded Dragon.

Thanks Jonno. Does anyone know of any lizards which do not grow too large which can be kept as pets? Smaller that beardies. Cute like baby water dragons if they didn't grow.

Jacky tree dragons they are pretty small and easy from what I have read and there are a few people that breed them on here to - they will be my next lizard...

Central Netted Dragons (Ctenophorus nuchalis) and Pygmy Bearded Dragons (Pogona henrylawsoni) are generally good, hardy captives. You can keep an adult Bearded Dragon in a 3 x 2 x 2 enclosure though, and they really are the best 'pet' lizard.

I love my beardies i think they are really easy to look after!

Central Netted Dragons (Ctenophorus nuchalis) and Pygmy Bearded Dragons (Pogona henrylawsoni) are generally good, hardy captives. You can keep an adult Bearded Dragon in a 3 x 2 x 2 enclosure though, and they really are the best 'pet' lizard.

i have a pair of Lophognathus longirostrus ill sell them if you like im so busy im not feeding them enough to breed anymore easy to keep great little lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back