reptile rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m.punja

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've had this rack for a while now but havn't posted pics. I've been meaning too as I have described it to a few people and I don't think they understand what I mean so the pics will make it all clear.

I know lots of people are against tubs and prefer enclosures for their sub-adult to adult reptiles but for these tigers and browns I have found the tubs perfect. Until they outgrow them of course. I had this rack made up to house hatchys to yearling elapids in the top half and sub-adults to adults in the bottom half and have been more then happy with the result. Since it goes from small tubs to big tubs it also provides a bench which fits both size tubs making it easy to go through and clean them all and water them all.

The light is coming in through the window so the top lot of tubs are hard to see.
bekaspictures013-6.jpg

these are the little tubs, all but one empty at the moment but not for long.

bekaspictures014-4.jpg

bekaspictures020.jpg

bekaspictures021.jpg

and the big tubs. Being most ground dweling elapids they dont need the height and seem happy in their tubs.

bekaspictures015.jpg

bekaspictures017-2.jpg

bekaspictures022.jpg

bekaspictures019-1.jpg

Along with dicknee's cage cards I'm very happy with the way it's all come together. It is heated by two sepearte heat cords and all tubs are ventelated from the lid and back. I especially like these sorts of tubs because you can still see inside and it makes monitoring the cleanliness and water easier and less stressful for the snake, plus people can veiw the snakes while they are still in their tubs.

feel free to post pics of you tub rack set ups. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Mark

Awesome, there 30L starmaid tubs for the sub/adults?

M.punja,

Are the Authorities in VIC happy to allow elapids to be kept in the plastic tubs without proper locks?

Neil

i have a lock system being installed very soon NCHERPS, but I doubt they would be but the snakes are locked in a sealed room

i got the tubs from IGA, yeah starmaid does sound right

Awesome rack you have there, this is one i knocked up around a month ago, was in a bit of a rush but still pretty happy with the results, it was supposed to be 2 levels higher but i stuffed up a cut so had to shrink it :oops:

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 324
M.punja,

Are the Authorities in VIC happy to allow elapids to be kept in the plastic tubs without proper locks?

Neil

I keep my entire elapid collection apart from some large Coastal Taipans the same way. Queensland National Parks are OK with it (I have been inspected several times). It is the locked, sealed room they are concerned with.

Thats an aweosme rwack you got going there m. punja.
Give sme ideas for pissble hatchy rack:)

I keep my entire elapid collection apart from some large Coastal Taipans the same way. Queensland National Parks are OK with it (I have been inspected several times). It is the locked, sealed room they are concerned with.

Got any pics of your racks Jonno?

g'day mark i keep all my young elapids in tubs to but when they get so big i like to chuck them in something a lot bigger for safety thats just me tho your set up looks good tho cheers paul :D

I'm pretty selective about what goes in the tub to what goes in enclosures Paul. Plus the tubs have hides which the snakes usually use and I can then slowly lift the hide out by a handle at the top so I don't expose any fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back