Kangaroo Dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyKeD

Reaction score
Hey All,

I was going through youtube and anyway as you know one clip leads to another and then in the end you get to something random and think how on earth did i get to this...

i came across this. and was reading the comments and a bit of good and bad. but i'd like to see your thoughts

YouTube - "kangaroo" dog

I think its great that a family would look after a disable animal, but in this condition i dont think it's the best idea for it live in. ( JUST MY OPINION )

What are your thoughts? ( Opinions And Thoughts Only. NO FLAMING

Cheers CJ

awww, i wonder if he was born like that, (does appear he was) if so he probably doesnt know any better.
He does seem quite happy, so on those grounds i think he should be allowed to live his life however long that may be.
just my opinion :)

im glad that people are looking after it, if it was causing damage to its back or something from having to walk like that id say its cruel to leave it but it doesnt appear to be in pain or unhappy?

if its not in any pain im happy for it :)

cute little guy sad it was born like that :(

Damn, I was expecting it to be bouncing around on its backlegs and stuff...

But seriously, that looks painful! (My laptop has gone on strike, giving me the silent treatment so I cant hear a single sound...and no, its not on mute, already checked that...;) ) It does seem well cared for and has a good quality of life...although I wouldn't like to be sliding along with my face on the ground trying to walk/stand up... I personally don't think it resembles a kangaroo in the slightest and wouldnt have called it "kangaroo dog" as it did barely nothing like a kangaroo nor did it look much like one...just a chubby dog with small front feet/legs that were put on the wrong way around before it went down that warm slippery-dip into the world, that is almost kangaroo-coloured...I do feel sorry/sympathy for it tho...

I recon it's good that there looking after it. as long as it's happy healthy and not in pain, then I don't care. long live the weird dog!

Will

the dog should be put down, dogs are meant to walk on 4 legs, the bio mechanics of this poor creatures back legs will be rs very soon if not already. the owners could have at least given it a small trolley for the front.
cheers:)

I'm a big fan of survival of the fittest, so...

i doubt its being bred to produce more defects. so i doubt this one dog effects your beleifs in anyway.

as for that comment aswell. do you breed captive reptiles? these arent the fittest of the bunch, they are just any one you bought.

the dog should be put down, dogs are meant to walk on 4 legs, the bio mechanics of this poor creatures back legs will be rs very soon if not already. the owners could have at least given it a small trolley for the front.
cheers:)

I totally agree it should have some form of trolley thingo atleast!...like that little jack russell in that movie for its back legs when it got ran over and couldnt use the back ones anymore (can't remember the name of it, I think it was something like homeward bound or babe pig in the city or something... it was sooo long ago!) But yeah, it should definately have one of those for its front legs, as the way it is now is probably causing a hell of a lot more health and bone problems/issues etc... and not to mention wearing away the fur on its "elbows" or whatever etc...OUCH! I'd say it would suffer all sorts of aches and pains hobbling around like that!

awww, i wonder if he was born like that, (does appear he was) if so he probably doesnt know any better.
He does seem quite happy, so on those grounds i think he should be allowed to live his life however long that may be.
just my opinion :)

Exactlyy what i was thinking :)

somebody loved the pup that much to let it live, she looks healthy happy not overweight. but has a heck of a time moving around, a makeshift trolley would have been ideal. u see 2 legged chihuahua's they get around alot better being that they are a smaller breed. i have mixed feelings about the lab

well there is always the argument about humans being born without limbs and left on ventilators etc ...it all comes down to QUALITY of life ..she seems to be a very healthy happy dog with a handicap thats all ...she is well loved by her owners ,she is not restricted in anyway other then her own disability of getting around on all fours, she was born that way so knows nothing else..to her SHE IS NORMAL! good on them for allowing a dog with a handicap to have a happy healthy life ..........

I think its great that people still keep animals that have some problem, I hate seeing people putting animals down just because they can't be bothered looking after one that has a problem. The dog looks happy and seems to be enjoying life as she knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back