Orchid Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I know there are a few orchid fans on the forum,
here are some pics of some of mine flowering at the moment,
Feel free to post more pics,
Cheers
Adam

Attachments

• zIMG_5555a.jpg
    zIMG_5555a.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 76
  • zIMG_5560a.jpg
    zIMG_5560a.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 79
  • zIMG_5561a.jpg
    zIMG_5561a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 69
My pop (who is no longer with us) use to dedicate most of his time to growing orchids. He use to put them in shows. So i guess i have a soft spot for them.

Nice shots

They're beautiful!! One day when i have more time i will (try to) grow them... They're my fav flower :D

Very nice Adam, what's that last one? a phalaenopsis (sorry bout the spelling)? I found a terrestrial I've never seen before near my place the other day, it was exciting! Orchids rock!

They're awesome... but not as cool as cacti though... sorry.. :)

There's some awesome native orchids that grow wild up here, though they're quite inconspicuous I think compared to the potted versions.

Very cool photos

Thanks for the comments people.
only an old 300D gozz, :) and yeah, truth is - the orchid appeals to men for a very significant reason,
study the flower of any orchid and you will understand, :lol: Nothing pansy about em :)
Chriss081 - sorry I dont know many of the names/species,
Slim - yeah, cacti are great too - we had this huge plant in the backyard of a rental we lived at -it would flower at night - huge white flowers - awesome plant.
Cheers again, but there must be others with flowering plants atm - post em up :)

Cheers again, but there must be others with flowering plants atm - post em up :)

Great pictures mate:)

I know this isnt an orchid but i couldnt resist.
Hope you dont mind.

Attachments

• Central. 640.jpg
    Central. 640.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 49
Those are gorgeous Ad. I love the first on in particular. I have attempted orchids but always manage to kill them. I'll try again when my backyard garden grows up a bit, I might try add some natives

Beautiful orchids Ad :D I love the first one!

Mum has a lot of orchids - most have just finished flowering but here are a couple that are out atm (and a lily which is what I have a lot of ;))

Last edited:
Nice pics Ad
My father cultivates a few orchids, he heads the Gosford Orchid Society. Next time I'm home I'll take a few pics of what's flowering and post them up :)

Beautiful pics Ad,Loz and Chris =) Thank you for sharing

I have to admit , i have this obsession with plants (mostly cacti).I've got nine 12 pots of cacti in my room and 5 Ponytail plants.I want my room to grow into a jungle! :D

Very nice Adam, what's that last one? a phalaenopsis (sorry bout the spelling)? I found a terrestrial I've never seen before near my place the other day, it was exciting! Orchids rock!

I'm sorry to contradict you, but its a dendrobium. it looks to be dendrobium bigibum, but i'm not sure if they are in those colours, so perhaps its a similar one. i myself keep orchids and love it!

But so you know, it is quite illegal to collect from the wild and large fines ensue.

None of these are actually mine. I can't even guarantee they are all orchids. They belong to the father-in-law and I thought they were very pretty - hence I took photos!

Attachments

• 100_1065.JPG
    100_1065.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1078.JPG
    100_1078.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00079.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01280.JPG
    DSC01280.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02483.JPG
    DSC02483.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 23
They are beautiful. My dad grows orchids but i inherited none of his gardening skills, i have a brown thumb and take my hat off to anyone that can grow beauties like that.
I recon i could kill a fake plant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back