Rats in Adelaide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
25 bucks for 5...thats cheap...what size r u buying??
i pay $18 bucks for 2 x-large rats

Depends on how big them rats are. It isn't too bad for medium rats (150g) but bargain for anything bigger.

Why don't you breed some yourself. They aren't difficult to breed. I guess feed and upkeep can be fairly high maintenance but if you only cull what you need at a time, the rest continue to grow and your snake would certainly enjoy a nice, warm, fresh feed. I probably only need 2 boys, 6 girls to keep you in feed for a couple of snakes. Cheap plastic tubs from Go-Lo with holes cut into lids and covered with gauze to prevent escapees, or replace the entire lid with wire mesh lids then you can feed and water them without having to lift lids.

i REALLLY want to breed them but we are renting and the person only thinks we have 2 doags (we have 4) and no snakes (2) so rats might be pushing it lol

I am breeding some but still pinkies:rolleyes: Last lot died in the heat, these are inside:cry:
Scales and tales in Prospect have them for less than $10. Various sizes and prices. I think we buy ours for that or less at the Gully Reptile Centa (spelling correct). I pay your kind of prices for the live ones (I know where you can get them cheaper but not with a gut full of pinkies:D).
There is a guy in the paper selling them for $5 as well.

Edit: Oops 5 for 25, I thought it was the 2 for 18:oops:

You can tell who buys the rep food in our house. Even when I go I spend most of my time looking while my wife deals with the other stuff. Then I carry the bag of rodents out and wonder why I am spending $40 on rodents when I have rabbits, guinea pigs and now more rats at home (damn heat!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back