Evolution of the APS'er

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal..Discus

Reaction score
The Evolutionary Process of an APS'er is as follows:

Youngins:

Youngins are the younger or less experienced Reptile keepers who join the APS community without a worry in the world. They are the ones who post the same question over and over again, in a fit of fruitless naivety, or have a case of "New Mamma Syndrome." This will usually provoke a reaction from the Teenagers, and more often then not the thread will close if more than two Teenagers clash or a Teenager decides to take on a immature All-Knowing. As time goes on, Youngins learn quickly - and if they don't, they run the risk of being decapitated when they even so much as breathe on their reptile the wrong way.

---------------------------------------

Teenagers:

Teenagers are the slightly more experienced keepers then Youngins, who have been floating around the site for a few months to a year, accumulating friends and forming attack groups - much like Velociraptors in Jurassic Park (you know the part where they rip that poor guy to pieces? Soughta like that, except they'd be insulting the guy's husbandry skills while they gnawed on his liver.) Often prone to know-it-all-isms, they will answer pointless threads and laugh at your 'stupidity.' 99% of Teenagers, at one point or another, will clash with each other, or any APS member for that matter; but that is merely an APS'er's nature. However, they have been known to use underhanded tactics in order to win, even if it means being banned - because who cares if you get suspended?! YOU WERE RIGHT AND THEY NEED TO KNOW IT!

Meh'ers:

This bla-ish group of APS'ers are the only group of members who are the middle ground between Teenagers and All Knowings - but are far from being Youngins. With their knowledge of Reptiles, they will often offer imput to Youngins - and Teenagers if they feel up to the fight - but mostly cruise the forums and the chatroom, making friends and just being another name in the 'Online Users' box.

All Knowings:

All Knowings are the rare - but not entirely uncommon - APS'er who have been keeping/raising/breeding/enjoying their reptiles long enough to know the difference between any snake blindfolded. They often provide non-aggressive, helpful advice on the forums, only scolding the Youngins when absolutely necessary. They generally have a placid nature and respond to threats from Teenagers with all the decorum expected from a seasoned herp-keeper. However, that does not mean that an All Knowing is immune to slipping into Teenager mode on occasion - but really, can you blame them? (I've wanted to rip a Teenager a new one more than once.) These are the people you want to look to for advice - but if you're not sure, just look at their post count (the only downside to a All Knowing is that they're prone to posting where they don't really need to.)

Baiters:

(The Common Enemy of an APS'er of any age!) These little ****** are the APS'ers who simply exist to rile up Teenagers, discourage Youngins, and call All Knowings liars and cheats. They don't own reptiles, but like to think that if they did, they'd be the next Daniel Radcliffe of the Herp world - so they act as such. They're ignored mostly, but on occasion the Mighty Moderators have had to ban their account(s) just to get them to go away.

Moderators:

Simply put - Gods/Baby Sitters of the APS Forum. Need I say more?

Note - Baiters are also referred to as "Trolls."

Note #2: Most APS'ers don't make it past the Teenager stage of life of the forums - Why? Sometimes fights will go a little too far, and an ego will be damaged beyond repair. That, or the attacker who crushed its opponents ego will be banned for such an act of savergary. It is a little less than uncommon, but has been seen before - such a sad waste of potential talent...

Note #3: Age of an APS'er in "REAL LIFE" has no bearing on their classification.

Last edited:
You forgot the Serial Nasties. Those same few who's only joy in life is to put others down & belittle others. They hunt for threads to destroy, actively checking others threads in order to (they think) make themselves look knowledgeable. Thankfully the "Gods" have booted most of them! ;)

Well put, however there should be a comment that age doesn't mean that a user is classified under a certain category.

Is this one of those pointless threads where you get your teenagers chiming in?...

Looks like I'm a teenager..heh

lol brilliant :)
i'd like to think i am in between youngins and meh'ers :) i dont like to cause fights.... but i guess if i feel strongly about something i do resort to teenagerism :p

Hee hee hee
Nicely done.
You do however need to note that number of posts does not equal knowledge...Just an inability to stay out of things! :D

This is old but a good one, I think Im a meh'er.
What about the very few experienced keepers who do know a lot but are very bitter and unwilling to help anyone inexperienced out?

Very nice. I'd like to think I'm a meh'er but I have my clashes and debates often with the all-knowings, I can only hope that the fact I still respect those I have disagreements with puts me out of the teenager column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back