does anyone have a male dingo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can spot an idiot at 5yards, and you're it!!! We are a pest! Destructive and have our fingers in everything we shouldn't. Perhaps you're the one who needs to seriously re-evaluate what we as a species are doing to this planet... and get a clue ;)

Please stop saying 'we'. If you self identify as a pest, then be my guest and remove yourself.

Please Mr.Brains
What a flattering title!

explain to the rest of us why an animal like a dingo should be classified as a pest??
I never mentioned the dingo. However I assume you don't think kangaroos can be 'pests' either?

I guess they arrived in this country all by themselves??
:rolleyes:

No doubt they've lived here a lot longer than white man!
So now you not only self identify as a pest, but also identify others as such based on race?

But have they wiped out more species than we have?
Well, personally, I've not wiped out any species. So again I'll have to object to your 'we'. Did you manage to complete a census of Australian species pre dingo, oh mighty one?

Did they introduce cane toads, cats, rabbits, foxes, camels, deer and a trillion other species that are all doing a fantastic job at reducing habitat and opportunity for true Aussie native animals???
One question mark will do, think of the bandwidth! Wait, so all these introduced animals are pests, but the dingo is not? Do you actually know what you are spewing?

Oh no, we're not a pest you ignoramus!
Again, your self esteem issues are shining brightly. There are people you can talk to, you know?

What an absolute clueless turkey!
No, I just know that I personally have not introduced any nonnative species, caused the extinction of any species, destroyed any environment or otherwise pillaged this country. I'll continue to live happily without the strange, misplaced guilt you seem to enjoy carrying.

So enjoy your pest status!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

abbott we are a pest... if humans all died off everything else would thrive... simple

abbott we are a pest... if humans all died off everything else would thrive... simple

Well, no. Unfortunately we have pushed many species to the limit that they would not survive without our intervention. But I get your point.

Tasmanian Tigers were classified as a pest also Abbott. Can you remind me of what happened to them??

I just find it incredibly two-faced that we're the ones labelling animals who do not put themselves into these positions as "pests", yet 95% of the time we're the ones creating the problem. Hard to understand really.... isn't it? Such a complicated logic behind it. I must be reeeeal special ;)

So Abbott when you lay claim you have had no impact on species ....do you not live in a house?...as your house at one stage would have been a habitat for some species of animal /insect/plant ...you may have not directly had an impact but you par take in it indirectly by living the way you do ...EVERYONE is guilty in some way or another ....most people try and minimalise the impact ,but we still are not scott free of taking any responsibility....this was mooses point as well when he said WE ....surely you can agree with this for goodness sake..
{quote by you abbott:Well, personally, I've not wiped out any species. So again I'll have to object to your 'we'. Did you manage to complete a census of Australian species pre dingo, oh mighty one?}

Now now RBB, Abbott might be an extremist greenie riding around on a puch bike living out of a cave.

hi,
i am after a male dingo to be paired up with me female black and tan girl. anyone that can help please let me know. Oh yeah she is a pure bred dna and everything tested.

hey walpole,
i know it's not the same as owning a second dingo, but have you given thought to artificial insamination??? there are a few programms out there (one in syndey i think) dedicated to breeding and preserving pure bred dingoes, even the pure bred by thier sub-species(well not yet but i think they're trying to sub-specie them) like alpine dingo ect.
perhaps if your just chasing another dingo for breeding then artificial insamination is another option and i'm sure you'd be able to purchass dingo semen from them..... might be worth looking into i your having trouble locating a male in the mean time....

and for the few that said they dont believe people should keep dingoes as they're wild animals by nature!!!!! ***!!!!!! do you not keep reptiles? birds maybe? stop being a bunch of bloody hipocrits........... if you feel so strongly about the fact that it is a wild animal then i think you may want to consider selling off your reptiles cos they're wild at heart to!!! the fact is dingoes aren't a dog but a strain of wolf. and to the one who said it looks like a dog so people will think it's safe, thats a load of crap to. should be warry of all dogs you don't know.....because yeah, i know a dog bites to. all the wild dingoes i've encountered have been fine when i went on my bush walks and they even run from me and my little foxy when i had him. never had a problem with them... like snakes they are somewhat misunderstood.
Also humans are a pest and RBB and moose got it so i'm not going to repeat. only say that our everyday lives impact upon wildlife someway somehow...so get over yourselfe abbot.

and holy crap, 10% of a farmers wage every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bahahaha........ whats the point of farming then???maybe 5% in a year check your facts....

also like said the dingo is nearly extinct due to hybridisation, the only pure strain left is the fraser island (or the largest pur popultion) and a few pockets around mainland australia and some islands. but yeah nearly no pue dingoes left in the wild

i thought that the dingo was introduced with the aboriginies.... as companion animals and hunting dogs.... sounds pretty domesticated to me, and their relatives that still live, well where they decending from in.... somewhere along the indonesian isles, the origin of aboriginal people and dingoes they still are companion animals and hunting dogs...... so i think you'll find they're slightly more domestic than ya may think.

Now now RBB, Abbott might be an extremist greenie riding around on a puch bike living out of a cave.
hahaha goodone mark.... don't forget to add watching every step to be sure not to tred on any ants..... but what about the poor micro organisms.... **** he just can't win this i don't think

i thought that the dingo was introduced with the aboriginies.... as companion animals and hunting dogs.... .

The latest evidence says they arrived a few thousand years ago with Asian traders. Either way, they were semi-domesticated when they arrived (either as companion animals or food animals).

Do you have any pics?

So Abbott when you lay claim you have had no impact on species ....do you not live in a house?...as your house at one stage would have been a habitat for some species of animal /insect/plant ...you may have not directly had an impact but you par take in it indirectly by living the way you do ...EVERYONE is guilty in some way or another ....most people try and minimalise the impact ,but we still are not scott free of taking any responsibility....this was mooses point as well when he said WE ....surely you can agree with this for goodness sake..
{quote by you abbott:Well, personally, I've not wiped out any species. So again I'll have to object to your 'we'. Did you manage to complete a census of Australian species pre dingo, oh mighty one?}

Virtually every living thing has an impact on other living things, so does that make all life bad? Everything would live, breed, die and eventually become extinct even if humans never evolved. I dont think there are too many humans in Australia to be supported sustainably in the future, so i dont see how all humans (or just white ppl if your racist) are pests. Most of the damage humans have done is through ignorance, but many are learning now.

I think the problem moosenoose and abbot are having is the definition of pests... Pests don't mean introduced species.. pests means anything that inconveniences humans.. Roos, Tassie tigers, dingoes, feral dogs/pigs/goats are all classified as pets because they graze the stock's grass, drink their water and the carnivores hunt the stock.

Farmers will shoot at anything resembling a stray/feral dog and people who live around farms know that if their dog gets out it is fair game no matter what. Fact of country life.

Oh, and I'm still unsure of the purity of mainland dingoes.. I thought the only pure dingo population left was on Fraser Island?

Everything would live, breed, die and eventually become extinct even if humans never evolved.
Good point.. People seem to forget that humans are part of nature. We are a natural occurence, so we aren't doing unnatural things. If humans never turned up animals would still become extinct (dinosaurs are a good example, plus millions and millions of other species who all evolved and died out before humans turned up on the planet)

Last edited:
hey walpole,
and holy crap, 10% of a farmers wage every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bahahaha........ whats the point of farming then???maybe 5% in a year check your facts....

QUOTE]
yeh wage mate.. most people earn them from a business. not the gross value of their property and livestock just the couple hundred bucks a week most people pay them selves when they have a business and i believe farming is..
My facts are pretty good i grew up on a farm my grandfather was a dog bounty hunter most his life and i have spent most my life hunting and watching animals.
when you spend some time on a place with a lot of dogs not just the odd one or 2 come talk to me. then we can talk FACTS together..

hey walpole,
i know it's not the same as owning a second dingo, but have you given thought to artificial insamination??? there are a few programms out there (one in syndey i think) dedicated to breeding and preserving pure bred dingoes, even the pure bred by thier sub-species(well not yet but i think they're trying to sub-specie them) like alpine dingo ect.
perhaps if your just chasing another dingo for breeding then artificial insamination is another option and i'm sure you'd be able to purchass dingo semen from them..... might be worth looking into i your having trouble locating a male in the mean time....

and for the few that said they dont believe people should keep dingoes as they're wild animals by nature!!!!! ***!!!!!! do you not keep reptiles? birds maybe? stop being a bunch of bloody hipocrits........... if you feel so strongly about the fact that it is a wild animal then i think you may want to consider selling off your reptiles cos they're wild at heart to!!! the fact is dingoes aren't a dog but a strain of wolf. and to the one who said it looks like a dog so people will think it's safe, thats a load of crap to. should be warry of all dogs you don't know.....because yeah, i know a dog bites to. all the wild dingoes i've encountered have been fine when i went on my bush walks and they even run from me and my little foxy when i had him. never had a problem with them... like snakes they are somewhat misunderstood.
Also humans are a pest and RBB and moose got it so i'm not going to repeat. only say that our everyday lives impact upon wildlife someway somehow...so get over yourselfe abbot.

also like said the dingo is nearly extinct due to hybridisation, the only pure strain left is the fraser island (or the largest pur popultion) and a few pockets around mainland australia and some islands. but yeah nearly no pue dingoes left in the wild

i thought that the dingo was introduced with the aboriginies.... as companion animals and hunting dogs.... sounds pretty domesticated to me, and their relatives that still live, well where they decending from in.... somewhere along the indonesian isles, the origin of aboriginal people and dingoes they still are companion animals and hunting dogs...... so i think you'll find they're slightly more domestic than ya may think.

You're not worth wasting an infraction on.

I'd just like to point out that 5% of revenue over a year still equates to 5% each week. Stop trying to be smart, it doesn't work for you.

Humans are not the only creature to impact the Earth. How did all the species that disappeared before humans became 'big' go?

"Humans are not the only creature to impact the Earth. How did all the species that disappeared before humans became 'big' go?" ..................Are you not understanding the whole theory abbott?....ok well everyone else EXCEPT FOR ABBOTT is guilty at one stage or another having an impact on our animals and plants and the whole world in general ....Most realise that we can improve on recycling, reusing and regenerating our planet, but it is not avoidable to have a small part of impact due to us humans need to live too...and going back to a world of no power and living in a cave isnt suitable to most ....but I am sure abbotts cave is very snug and cosy and up to the latest vogue fashion ,with his rock paintings and stone carved flintone bed and dino opperated computer now .....

:rolleyes::lol:haha, ah nah i'm not smart all the time but i do know that there is only 52 weeks in a year.... not 100. so well from my understanding that would make it roughly 2.52% there abouts or a margin less:lol:

any each property differs and it's not entirely pest animals that are an impact on thier wages, there is such thing as the elements etc.
anyway my point is there are pest species and there are those we class as pest species, even though they are native....if they inconvenience us it seems to become a pest.... but there is no winning or loosing in this argument... funny though, i thought this thread was about someone looking for a male dingo..... !!!

Humans are not the only creature to impact the Earth. How did all the species that disappeared before humans became 'big' go?

Hate to make you look more like an idiot Abbott but I believe it was a meteorite and the ice age or something along the lines of nature. Could be mistaken though. Maybe the dinosaurs learned how to roll tobacco and killed themselves off with cancer.

hey walpole,

If the part in bold is aimed at me i challenge you to find me saying that they shouldn't be kept in captivity. You and others seem to love making the analogy that keeping snakes means that it is ok to keep dingoes, the two do not compare. That is like comparing keeping an elephant to keeping a seal. The needs of the animal are completely different and you need to understand that.

You really need to do some research and proof reading before you spill your heart out like that. Dingoes are not domestic animals. Semi domesticated i agree with but if you try to keep one like a dog you will have problems. It appears to me that your post is more full of some kind of misguided romance about dingoes than it is of experience and understanding.

If the part in bold is aimed at me i challenge you to find me saying that they shouldn't be kept in captivity. You and others seem to love making the analogy that keeping snakes means that it is ok to keep dingoes, the two do not compare. That is like comparing keeping an elephant to keeping a seal. The needs of the animal are completely different and you need to understand that.

You really need to do some research and proof reading before you spill your heart out like that. Dingoes are not domestic animals. Semi domesticated i agree with but if you try to keep one like a dog you will have problems. It appears to me that your post is more full of some kind of misguided romance about dingoes than it is of experience and understanding.

yeah, semi was, more for all those that keep saying it.... every animal has a different need.... i do get your point to don't worry, i don't like fools that get an animal cos it's cool to have one.... i've seen what it can do when someone has no idea of a species requirements.... as have many on here i would presume...
there are alot of people that look into needs of the animal they choose to keep.... no wild animal is fully domesticated....
and it is the keepers responsibility to be fully prepared to meet the needs of hat animal before they get it, and if they don't then the animal suffers.... so yeah they are different but still its the fact that the point is the same.... if you can meet the requirements and needs, and respect it is an animal then thats it... who's to say what one can and can't have.... just so long as the animal doesn't suffer. thats my opinion anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back