does anyone have a male dingo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have them living in our backyard basically ...see them quite often and hear them too...have seen them in the sandy ,tan ,ginger and black colours ...lovely dogs but farmers kill them off every season ...and even sader they go round finding pup dens and kill all the puppies..:(

Man that sucks! Is that even legal? Considering they are natives and all. Couldn't they be relocated or something?

They are classed as pests in most states

We should be classified as a pest IMO.

I know a breeder here in Melbourne of pure-bred dingoes. Whether or not she'd deal interstate would be a bridge to be crossed if you got to it. I think her pups go for roughly $300 each and that's only because they have a timeline in which they need to be moved because of gov regulations. PM me if you'd like her details.

Cheers.

We should be classified as a pest IMO.

Makes me angry every time I see someone say that. If you're not happy being here, you know where the door is.

Honestly... there aren't many remarks that could be more stupid... I'll just enjoy the extra fresh air you leave I guess.

It's not being negative it's a fact

we would have to be one of the major culprits for almost everything thats wrong with EARTH..

And it would seem that if something irritates us we simply eradicate it :rolleyes:

We are pests & we are so much worse than any other animal deemed a "pest"

This doesn't mean I don't enjoy being alive!

And yes it's hypocritical for me to say both things in the same post but.. I don't care ;)

Arnt snakes and lizards wild animals that we have partially domesticated.

Pines

No snakes and lizards are not partially domesticated and drawing a comparison between dingoes and snakes does not hold water. People expect a snake to bite and be nasty but they expect things that look like dogs to be friendly and behave like dogs. It's not the case with dongoes they are very different to domesticated dogs from things as little as their need to sleep on high surfaces (like on cars etc) to the weird fact that other dogs seem to hate them.

Man that sucks! Is that even legal? Considering they are natives and all. Couldn't they be relocated or something?

Dingoes aren't native, they are naturalized. Not a huge difference but it is significant.

Like farmers care whether it's legal or not. Farmers will shoot anything from Crocodiles for eating cattle to emus for kicking fences down, on umteen thousand acres, chances are you will get away with shooting pretty much anything.

The fact is they are still getting paid for the skins ..the dogs have to be skinned from the head down to the tail and it has to be in one strip ..showing ears ,length of body strip and tail ...its disurbing but not illegal ...and the way things are ,,anyones dog is at risk ,if its not on your property its fair game by the farmers ...have had a few people lose their dogs this way ,due to the animal being a bit naughty and going for a wander ...my sons little staffy cross was shot a few years ago ...he wasnt interested in anything much just use to chase the rabbits and hares ...chased a hare or rabbit a bit to far and came home thank goodness,with a 22 lodged into his butt muscle ...vet said he would be ok and the slug shouldnt move ...HA it moved! its now on the side of him coated in a fat bubble ..but tell ya now if a gun goes off the poor thing runs up to the front door and howls to be let inside ..he wont leave the property now so its a hard lesson to learn ...and before anyone says... Roly was chained up every night ..he slipped his colllar this particular night ,we heard the gunshots ..and my son ran out to check on our dogs and his was missing..collar still attached to chain ...sad to see your son come back with tears in his eyes thinking his dogs dead ..wish they did pass a law ,but farmers see the other side where their livelyhood cattle are ripped apart ,new born calves killed ...so I dont know the answer to this one ..

Like farmers care whether it's legal or not. Farmers will shoot anything from Crocodiles for eating cattle to emus for kicking fences down, on umteen thousand acres, chances are you will get away with shooting pretty much anything.

Might be a bit of a generalization? I'm sure there are some farmers who aren't so trigger happy. I've heard of farmers who believe keeping the dingo numbers stable is a good thing as they control rabbits and roos.

Nic Papalia will be able to help with your needs.
dingo1 at iprimus.com.au

Makes me angry every time I see someone say that. If you're not happy being here, you know where the door is.

Honestly... there aren't many remarks that could be more stupid... I'll just enjoy the extra fresh air you leave I guess.

I can spot an idiot at 5yards, and you're it!!! We are a pest! Destructive and have our fingers in everything we shouldn't. Perhaps you're the one who needs to seriously re-evaluate what we as a species are doing to this planet... and get a clue ;)

Actually, I'm not content with just referring to you as an idiot regarding your former uneducated comment. Please Mr.Brains, explain to the rest of us why an animal like a dingo should be classified as a pest??....... I guess they arrived in this country all by themselves?? No doubt they've lived here a lot longer than white man! But have they wiped out more species than we have? Did they introduce cane toads, cats, rabbits, foxes, camels, deer and a trillion other species that are all doing a fantastic job at reducing habitat and opportunity for true Aussie native animals??? Oh no, we're not a pest you ignoramus! What an absolute clueless turkey! :lol: I apologize if you're only 10yrs old, that'd be about your only excuse ;)

Actually, I'm not content with just referring to you as an idiot regarding your former uneducated comment. Please Mr.Brains, explain to the rest of us why an animal like a dingo should be classified as a pest??....... I guess they arrived in this country all by themselves?? No doubt they've lived here a lot longer than white man! But have they wiped out more species than we have? Did they introduce cane toads, cats, rabbits, foxes, camels, deer and a trillion other species that are all doing a fantastic job at reducing habitat and opportunity for true Aussie native animals??? Oh no, we're not a pest you ignoramus! What an absolute clueless turkey! :lol: I apologize if you're only 10yrs old, that'd be about your only excuse ;)

Gold! I think they worded it pretty well in Matrix when the agent accuses humans of being a virus. I'd like to know how they call Dingo's a pest anyway, I thought pure dingo's were pretty much extinct in the wild?

Actually in a recent eddition of a reptile magazine it noted that humans are the reason for the decline of frogs across the world. Something about spreading a fungus accidently. But back on the topic having a pet dingo would be awsome, you are so lucky. I hope you find a mate for it soon. Maybe try some parks? I heard of a few breeders in victoria of pure dingos but unfortuently don't have there details handy. All the best, some photo's would be great.

Cheers

Mark

Did you watch catalyst last night Phil.?
They had some very interesting looking forms of dingo living in the Blue mountains
QUOTE]
I actually caught that part and found it quite interesting..

Might be a bit of a generalization? I'm sure there are some farmers who aren't so trigger happy. I've heard of farmers who believe keeping the dingo numbers stable is a good thing as they control rabbits and roos.
They said something similar to this on catalyst about when farmers bait it kills adults who then cant teach their young proper hunting skills so they target easier prey in the form of the farmers young livestock, so by baiting the farmers are actually making things worse for themselves and like you said they would keep rabbit and roo numbers down which farmers also dislike, therefore I believe they are better off leaving the dingoes alone to do what they have done for 100s of years!!

most people would do the same if something was taking 10% of your wage every week when one moves into the area
Most wild dogs and i use the term wild dogs are dingo crosses as someone else pointed out there are only a few places with pure starins left. thus that is why there is a bounty. We are not killing off an animal that was here before white man and deserves to be here more than we do they are killing a threat to their lively hood. most sheep farmers do not loose one or 2 sheep the dogs will take 20 or 30 because sheep keep running and a predator has an instinct to attack a fleeing animal and most are left disembowled and half eaten foer the flies to blow whilst they are still alive..Sorry most animals do not die a movie star death and die in the sleep.
have shot plenty with my bow over the years but now prefer to watch their anticts when i come across them . have had them follow me for kms just seing what i am doing and have had them sniff my head whie i am sleeping in my swag have also have them up me when pups are around.
good luck with you bitch and i hope you find a mate i would own one in a flash. would love to see some pics.

We have a Dingo x blue heeler. We bought it for $20 From Macleay island in moreton bay. The owner had a female Blue and it was serviced by a wild/escapee male dingo and a Border collie, the litter variation was amazing as dogs dont have spermocides like humans which limits multiple fathers.Ours digs like there's no tomorrow and hunts via verticle leaps and lands on top of the bush where they prey is hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back