Fluro Tube

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bracey91

Reaction score
I have a 4ft tank and was looking at fluro uv tubes yesterday, its going to house a bearded dragon, and was confused as to all the different wattages, and some had 5.0 and 10.0 etc written on them, and i had no clue what that meant

So if anyone could help me out witht his it would be great!

Thanks, Josh

Hiya for a bearded dragon you need a 10% UV light the 5% are for things like frogs that dont need such a strong UV light .... :D

Hrmmm I'm sorry i cant for sure remember what watt i used to use over my 4 foot tank for my dragons .... I think it may have been a 25 watt Uvb and a 75 watt inferred ..... i would check on that 1st tho ,,,, I'm sure about the inffered just dont quote me on the UVB ,,,, pretty sure it was 25 watt tho hope this has helped a little if nothing else ...

a foot is equal to 12watt, a 4ft tube is normally 48watt 3wat 36watt and so on...

Thanks for that Dave as i said i wasnt sure it was a while ago since i had them ... :)

10, 5 and 2 refer to the percentage of light in the UVB range. So the actaul amount depends on the amount of light the tube gives out - a poor performing 10% could be less than a well performing 5%. Also with fluoros the UVB drops off considerably with distance

l myself would use a 20watt-24inche long NEC T10 SBL UV Tube, they provide a higher reading of UV-A, and Low reading of UV-B, set above the basking spot at 10inches.l also use 1x76watt clear Reflector Light Globe during the day for heating, and at night time l use 2x40watt Party Light globes for night time heating
You should use a 60 or 75watt-R64-R80 clear Reflector Light Globe, they have a silver coating on the back of them, that helps to force the heat straight down onto the basking spot, not heat the whole enclosure.

You can see in my photo here, how l provide heat and UV to my own Reptile's. hope this gives you some help or advice on what to use in your enclosure good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back