*** caution unlicenced buyers ***

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jodocast

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick note to let you know.....
I had a young guy come over to purchase a snake I had for sale and ....:evil:

He said he was licenced but that he had left his wallet at home so he tryed to get me to sell him the snake and he would ring through his licence details when he got home.:shock:

He said he had owned pythons before but that he had moved from QLD and had to sell them before the move.

When I said I wanted to sight his licence his father (who drove him over) got a bit upset and exclaimed that they had come all this way for nothing ! and went on to say that the snake was a gift as his son had just found out that he had type 1 diabeties (probably just a sob story):?

I said I would hold it for him untill he could come back with his licence....AND he was never heard from again !!!

I tryed to ring him.....no answer
Left Messages......No reply

I have no other explaination but that ...HE WAS NOT LICENCED AT ALL !!!!!!:x

So anyone selling animals BEWARE !!

thats all,
BYE BYE :D

Thanks also keep an eye out for drug dealers and the like

I hate pitiful sob stories to make you sell something, go and buy a licence you fishes rear end, if its a basic l its only $100 bucks or near , ridiculous toolbags:D

You did the right thing...pretty weak of them pushing you in a corner with sob story to sell to them.Especially when they stated they had reptiles previously surely they know the legalities of selling/buying reptiles.....Shame on them

I would have also asked to see a driver's licence with a story like that. Back them into a corner too and report them.

Only thing worse than tyre kickers are the ones who try do the dodgy
expecting you to fall for it :rolleyes:

You did the right thing, Imagine if you had sold it to them in good faith
& then never heard form them again.

If they were really keen on the snake & he was buying it as a gift for his
ill child then he wouldn't have been phased by having to travel back with the license

lol i have forgot my license once when i went to buy something, but they were nice enough to let me take it and pm my details when i got home.

if they cant afford a licence then how can they afford the general care of the animal?

I not sure about other states but it's only $65 for 5 yrs in qld

Last edited:
You did the right thing.

When dealing with buyers I always make it a point to remind them to ensure they have their actual licence when they come or I cannot sell them the reptile. I also ask they call when they are leaving home to ensure I know when to expect them (so I know if they are in fact coming) and to remind them again to bring their licence.

If they then come all that way and still 'forget' it, tough luck!

You can't be responsible for other peoples stupidity.

if they cant afford a licence then how can they afford the general care of the animal?

I not sure about other states but it's only $65 for 5 yrs in qld
yep and thats with the log book included,he may not of been dodgy,he was probly just upset he didnt get his own way,good on you though

Had a similar thing happen to us. This person organised a time too pick up a bearded dragon then
just before they were about to leave they text too say cant find licence could we pick up and give licence number later. We said we would need too see licence. He then got quite aggressive and was carrying on how it was a sale we were missing out on. No Licence No Sale i say.

$120 for 5 years NSW
i've only bought localy once and didn't take my licence with me, but i know the number.
everyone would at least know what the first few numbers are..if you really do have one at all

i has a similar problem.... i sold my coastal carpet... and i saw her licence.... but after i sent in all my books... i got a call from npws and they said they had never heard of this person and it was a fake licence.... so that was weird so i was told to put it down as an escape....

I went to buy animals in the past, and i always do a licence check to see if details match.. Ive had one with non matching name to licence number (A guy was selling under a womans licence) and ive had 2 cases where licences expired over a year ago.. One of those the guy fixed up immediately..

Some sellers get frustrated as im so thourough, but the ones that do get uptight about it are usually the ones that have something to hide and just make me even more cautious.

sorry im a little noob on the topic...

i was just wondering... what are the advantages/disadvantages of not having a licence apart from a measly $60 per 5 year (QLD)...

And i would like to know why its such a big deal not having one? (coming from a completely objective point of view, not trying to pick a fight)

thank you

It's illegal to keep reptiles without a licence for a start. Having a licence is a way of keeping records for all animals bought and sold so people don't poach from the wild. Basicly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back