Imbricata question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffler

Reaction score
Ok, as we know the Inbricata is not only located in WA but also in South Australia, including a dwarf version on St Francis Island. I was wondering if anyone has seen any SA form Inbricata? I spoke to a guy at the Museum of SA today, who is in charge of the Reptiles, and he was tellling me about them. He was saying that they had a more yellow and sometime red look to them than the WA ones. Has anyone here seen any? Is there any photos going around of them?

David Pearson from DEC in WA has researched them. He gave a presentation at WAHS and had some pics of the St Francis Island form.

If you search uncommon carpet ( in the aussie pythons search section) you will see some pics of a carpet found near the SW border os S.A. Nice looking snake.

It is believed by some that the Gammon Ranges carpet is more closely related to imbricata than metcalfei, looking at the snake in the thread you mentioned I can see why.
Here is one of my Gammons for comparison.
GammonBody.jpg

If you search uncommon carpet ( in the aussie pythons search section) you will see some pics of a carpet found near the SW border os S.A. Nice looking snake.

Hey, thanks for that. I wish there were some in breeding programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back