Wild bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday all

Just found this little feller at our front gate. let him/her go out the back in the bush. With our 2 dogs and a road out the front I didn't like its chances

The poor feller had also lost its tail some years ago

Lewy

Attachments

• BLUE TUNg 015.jpg
    BLUE TUNg 015.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 134
  • BLUE TUNg 017.jpg
    BLUE TUNg 017.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 142
  • BLUE TUNg 019.jpg
    BLUE TUNg 019.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 126
  • BLUE TUNg 016.jpg
    BLUE TUNg 016.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 96
it dont even look sceard lol all the 1s ive cought have tryed to eat me

WHAT A BEAUT!
i have never seen such a beautiful wild bluey! perfect scales, doesn't look like its got scale rot, ticks, mites, anything! great find, must admit he looks pretty calm about u picking him up :D

Nice one Lewy, are the easterns normally brownish up your way, or is that a stand out? The ones I usually see around Sydney are predominantly grey.

Damn that yellow banding is beautiful, would love a bluey with that colouration to it, nice find :)

Ben

thats an awesome bluey. i had one in my backyard once my dog was about to attack it so i picked it up it tried to bite my but lucky it didnt so i let him go in the bush

I was visiting Lewy today and managed to get the photos below of the wild bluey while I was there...

Attachments

• Wild Bluey 1.jpg
    Wild Bluey 1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Wild Bluey 4.jpg
    Wild Bluey 4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Nice one Lewy, are the easterns normally brownish up your way, or is that a stand out? The ones I usually see around Sydney are predominantly grey.

Gday

Yer I couldn't really tell you as this is the first one we have ever found here. I mean we have seen them flat on the road and have nearly taken them out on the road but this is the first one we have found alive:shock:

But I got to say he/she was so good looking hope I get to see him/her again and its great to no there around

Lewy

It was actually quite flighty. Struggled and wiggled heaps and ran bloody fast for a bluey when we let it go down the back. Never showed us an open mouth or tried to bite though. It was just great to see one in our backyard (well front yard). Lived here over 25 years and this was the first one I have seen here. Just like the Pobblebonk frog I saw here last night. Two new sightings in less than 24 hours...very cool!

Plenty of brown ones around Sydney, the Eastern Suburbs has stacks of "Mocha" coloured ones, down south around me we get grey ones, but I found a cracking brown and orange one last year on the road at Kirrawee.

Beautiful!!

My husband managed to pick up a bluey when we were on holiday at Bateau Bay - her scales were dull. This one looks really healthy and as I said beautiful!

Thanks for sharing :)

Plenty of brown ones around Sydney, the Eastern Suburbs has stacks of "Mocha" coloured ones, down south around me we get grey ones, but I found a cracking brown and orange one last year on the road at Kirrawee.

Ah cool, would love to come across some with colouring different to what I normally see. It's great that even in an area as small as Sydney (compared to Eastern's total distribution) there can be so much locality variance in colouration. Gotta love a bluey.

Would there be many other herps that have such variance in a small area within their own distribution? Coastal carpets are probably one.

nice bluey

sdoiin mate that is a nice bluey you've caught to bad you were not selling it i would of brought it off you

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back