Beardie eggs - pics!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollypop

Reaction score
First of season, laid Thursday arvo - still get a kick out it! Enjoy.....

'FIND THE ENTRANCE......'
layingeggsLPP001.jpg

THERE IT IS! (lucky I kept an eye out!)
layingeggsLPP002.jpg

TA-DA!

layingeggsLPP003.jpg

36 EGGS ALL UP IN THERE
layingeggsLPP004.jpg

EXHAUSTED MUM (note tail of other female digging coming out of hole in background to right)
layingeggsLPP005.jpg

CAREFREE DAD - MALES:rolleyes:
layingeggsLPP006.jpg

ONE OF OFFSPRING FROM LAST SEASON - 6 MTH OLD
layingeggsLPP007.jpg

SAME LITTLIE
layingeggsLPP008.jpg

Geeze thats a big hole. Im waiting for my eggs to hatch currently sweating so shouldn't be long...

Congratz mate yes every clutch still gets exciting hey.
Great pit mate,how big was her clutch ?

Thanks guys! 36 eggs all up - that's normal for her.
I designed & got built an enclosure that has 6 sections, all up is 15mtr x 10mtr, so they have a large area each - once it's perfect, I really want to do a video or at least pics to post for all - don't hold your breath though, I'm a bit slack!
These guys have great colours, but are just grey phase at their best, couple of my originals who are just magnificent creatures imo:lol:
The hole depth is quite normal too, given the environment.
Have a new (2nd hand) incubator this yr, so won't count my chickens........
Good luck to all incubating!!!

Wonderful colours mate! how long will it take the eggs to hatch roughly after being laid??

That's great! What an exciting time of year!

Have you ever missed clutches? Would they hatch outside??

I incubate them, so 7-8 wks before hatching (if they hatch!)
I haven't missed any clutches - they dig for a day or 2 back & forth, & this girl e.g. won't eat for about 2-3 days before she lays - a sure sign.
I tried hatching naturally last yr. Got sick of waiting, so dug up the eggs & incubated them. The first clutch had been there 5mths, had fully developed babies in them (broke some getting them out:( they were so soft), & I guestimated had I left them for another 2-4wks, they would've hatched (took 1wk more in incubator). The average daily temp here at the time was only 28C though, would be interesting to know in their natural environment with 40-50C how long it takes.

what type of live foods do you feed outdoors? Do you just chuck crickets or woodies onto the ground of the enclosure? Do they hunt down and feed the same as if they were in a smaller indoor enclosure?

what type of live foods do you feed outdoors? Do you just chuck crickets or woodies onto the ground of the enclosure? Do they hunt down and feed the same as if they were in a smaller indoor enclosure?

exactly the same as indoors. I put out one or 2 at a time, otherwise the woodies go & hide - although then they have something to hunt later. I also have a vege patch in each enclosure that they can pick off at any time.

Hey Kathy looking good. I'll have to come over some time and you'll have to come over and see mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back