Outside enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
Hey all. I was wondering what it takes to build an outside enclosure for a bluey (dimensions substrate etc) Im in parramatta the temps are getting to the mid 20's - low 30's and nighttime of 17 i think not sure BUT i wanna build an outside enclosure and have no real good info anywhere

Any info would be awesome:D

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I'm about to embark on the same project. Currently researching as much as I can online & traditional literature. There were some good threads on here recently of outside pits, some great looking examples. Look for the sticky "Building a pit" (or something like that anyway) in this section of the site.

i have a thread as well, cheek it out it may help

Thanks :D im looking just to build a lrge enough outside enclosure for 1 bluey

Ive just been banned from getting anymore reptiles inside So outside is the only alternative :lol: Plus Ive always loved blueys !! Found them in my backyard before so i know they can live out there :lol: but the only problem for me is building an enclosure cat/bird proof and im unsure of the whole process of building a nice outdoor enclosure etc etc

Might be a good idea to make it big enough for a few blueys and a beardy or two and ................. We are also about to build an outdoor enclosure for our bluey but plan to make it big enough for all the other lizzies we will prob end up with!! If you want to leave him outside in the pit all year round it would be a good idea to build a box you can heat for him for the cool nights (not full summer heat, just enough to take the freeze off). I guess you could use an old bathtub for just one bluey. Just make sure it can't fill up with water when it rains and gets some nice sun for him to bask in (and shade of course for when he gets too hot). Then just make a quick and easy wire frame to go on top to stop birds bothering him and to stop him getting out.

Love that leg patterning on your avatar blueys Tonksy. Very nice.

Love that leg patterning on your avatar blueys Tonksy. Very nice.

Cheers thanks, they're 7 month old Alpine Blotched Blueys. Got one shedding at the moment, colours coming through are great!
There are some pics of them in my profile albums if you're interested.

Cheers thanks, they're 7 month old Alpine Blotched Blueys. Got one shedding at the moment, colours coming through are great!
There are some pics of them in my profile albums if you're interested.

Just checked out your profile album. Very nice (understatement!!). :D:D:D Reckon I would probably need an air conditioner to keep them up here in Qld. Or maybe just a really cool area of my new planned outdoor enclosure with a water fall in a shadey area to splash some water around and cool things down a bit.... dreaming. Just need to put that idea into action! Certainly the best looking of the blueys!

Just checked out your profile album. Very nice (understatement!!). Certainly the best looking of the blueys!

Ta, they're little rippers eh? Got em inside at the moment in a 4' enclosure, but will get to putting together an outside pit over the xmas break probably. Big enough for them (both guesstimated females), & a future casanova. There are some awesome pit pics in other threads, I'm getting some cracking ideas of what I want to set up.

Thanks for the responces ive just recruited my bro to help with the construction ;P lol now its down to the drawing boards But its still a question of what substrate etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back