Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosingMyMarbles

Reaction score
I’ve had my marbled children’s Python since March (it’s now nearly July) - she ate 2 days after bringing her home from the breeder, and again a week or so later. We tried to her feed again another week later, she refused but then shed. Since then she has refused every feed. It’s been nearly 12 weeks and I am in panic mode.

We’ve tried squeezing the nose of the pinkie, and making it a little more enticing with brain fluid etc. we defrost the mice and then warm it up in hot water but nothing is helping. What can I do?

Temps seem to be normal (30-32•C on warm side - roughly low 20’s-27 in cool end). There has been no noticeable differences to her appearances or behaviour. Hasn’t striked at us yet or anything.

She is in a 45x29x15cm enclosure with a large water bowl, 3 hides and a heat mat on one side.

Any advice is welcome 🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

• 05DC0258-EB77-42E9-A94C-80629BF8FEF7.jpeg
    05DC0258-EB77-42E9-A94C-80629BF8FEF7.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 0
seems your doing everything right maybe get more advice from members that have much more experience than me but below is what works for Monty.
my children’s python smashed everything no matter what for just under 3 years and now he hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks .
don’t make big changes in his living area let him feel safe and familiar with his surroundings, 3 hides is the best way to go they hate high temperatures heat all the time Childreni actually don’t like heat all the time or high temperatures unless it’s basking and around 28c to 32c and 22c to 25c at the cool end 25c is Monty’s favourite temp also humidity lowest at 38% to 50% and 50%to 70% when shedding . My boy has grown to 1meter he’s 3 years old never seen a vet not once but I’m lucky . Keep his enclosure absolutely free from defecating and urate All the time dont use night lights but only for viewing .
my boy hasn’t eaten for 3 weeks but in Sydney we have just recently come out of cold weather I think he will eat any day now.
WARNING get advice from others as well
everything I wrote here I have been doing with my children’s and he’s perfect.
theres guys and gals here that are brilliant you will get fantastic advice and all will work out .

Last edited:
Try giving it proper lighting/heat?:)
100% heat is a huge factor to kick start their appetite

Try giving it proper lighting/heat?:)
I’ve had my marbled children’s Python since March (it’s now nearly July) - she ate 2 days after bringing her home from the breeder, and again a week or so later. We tried to her feed again another week later, she refused but then shed. Since then she has refused every feed. It’s been nearly 12 weeks and I am in panic mode.

We’ve tried squeezing the nose of the pinkie, and making it a little more enticing with brain fluid etc. we defrost the mice and then warm it up in hot water but nothing is helping. What can I do?

Temps seem to be normal (30-32•C on warm side - roughly low 20’s-27 in cool end). There has been no noticeable differences to her appearances or behaviour. Hasn’t striked at us yet or anything.

She is in a 45x29x15cm enclosure with a large water bowl, 3 hides and a heat mat on one side.

Any advice is welcome 🙏🙏🙏
Hi my children’s python just ate after 25 days heat is the answer and I raised his heat to 34 just for a day and a half after he basked he smashed an adult mouse he ripped the mouse and tongs right out of my hands and dragged the mouse into his hide . Heat will help 100% raise the heat but make sure he can cool down every other hide after he eats bring his temp back down to 30-32 at basking spot and 25c @ his cool spot .
cheers

Back