Massive snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zack13

Reaction score
Hey I got an email from some1 saying this snake was found at a mine site in papua new guinea. It isnt fromt here the biggest snakes they have is the papua olive python which this isnt. I was just wondering if any1 knew where this was taken?

GetAttachment.aspx

sorry it was showing me the pic but ill try again.

Attachments

• massive snake.jpg
    massive snake.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 512
They would have to be stupid to kill it, the Americans are still offering a very large sum of money for a big one caught alive.

I think it's something like 30-50k:shock:

CHEERS TIM.

lol, seen this on here a few times. poor snake, i feel sorry for it ;( :(

I'm not sure, but that reward for a snake over 30' probably went to that village in south-east Asia that had a 40" Retic in a petting zoo...

I'll say that snake pictured is probably only 20' long really. Guessing the bucket he's hanging from to be 6' at most. Don't use the guys in the background, that could be 20'-30' away.

If you still think that is a large snake, you should check out these wind spiders....

camel%20spider.jpg

Anyone have any guesses to how long that thing would be?
Edit: missed the post above.

Ive read it was 55 feet (16.7M) long, weighing 300 kg was estimated at 140 years old.
yep... i don't really believe that it could be 140 yrs old since they only live for 20 ( less in the wild)
cheers

Ive read it was 55 feet (16.7M) long, weighing 300 kg was estimated at 140 years old.
yep... i don't really believe that it could be 140 yrs old since they only live for 20 ( less in the wild)
cheers

Blowing the dust of this thread, this is ancient. 55ft that's over 16metres what a unit!

thats bloody huge! pitty the basturds killed it...

Ha! Don't know how I'd feel about being confronted with a snake that big. Its either kill or be killed, I'd kill it too if I couldn't call anyone to remove it.

Blowing the dust of this thread, this is ancient. 55ft that's over 16metres what a unit!

So Anaconda's 60ft snake isn't far out of exaggeration?

Ha! Don't know how I'd feel about being confronted with a snake that big. Its either kill or be killed, I'd kill it too if I couldn't call anyone to remove it.

So Anaconda's 60ft snake isn't far out of exaggeration?

lol what do u mean it wasn't 55ft? i thought that was taking it a bit far.. 60ft anaconda? I'm so confused!! If it bit me id bite it back!!!

Take a look at the size of the bucket on the excavator. It is a photo trick..
It is a Reticulated python, there are much bigger specimens around..
The snake would be no longer than 15-16 feet.

Anacondas actually rarely get over 16 feet, however they can pack on some pretty spectacular girth..
The biggest Retic in the world was 24 feet, any Retic over 20 feet is considered huge.
Snakes over 30 feet do not exist. If they did, someone would have claimed the $50,000 the NYZS was offering (they recently took it down because no-one had even attempted to claim it after 54 years..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back