Hinged or sliding glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for your advice. From what you are all saying, it comes down to what sort of reptile your putting in the enclosure. For a diamond a hinged door would probably be great, but not so great for an olive.

Thank you all once again.

All depends on how quick you want to crack/break the glass.......................... those on hinges will swing, and if swung hard/quick enough, the inevitable is bound to happen!

Thats why i install acrylic , wont break like glass ans easy to replace if it ever does

After years of sliding glass doors I have moved to hinged doors and will never look back. My doors are frameless glass hinged doors, similar to alot of entertainment units. So I have uninterupted views like sliding glass. The magnetics holding the glass have a holding force of 18 kgs, which is working fine for my pythons. For added protection and to stop unauthorised entry, I use magnetic locks.

In the end its more a personal decision than any being more superior to the other.

Hinged are great for access imo .
Sliders are cheaper and work fine too , but if you have the extra cash or the experience hinged are nice .
A few I have made with hinged .

Picture1104.jpg

Picture1096.jpg

Picture1110.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Great looking enclosures. Love the ones in the last pic.

Hey Bushfire, Do you have any photos of your setups?

I am honestly not having a go at you Dickie,so don't take this the wrong way as i have nothing against you :) but what sort of warranty do you give the acrylics? or are they a limited time warranty if using natural substrates for the scratch factor?

Everybody to their own, but the photos of those cages aren't for me, feels like walking into a Harvey Norman & checking out their microwave display section, except least modern microwaves have stainless steel fascades nowadays :)

I am honestly not having a go at you Dickie,so don't take this the wrong way as i have nothing against you :) but what sort of warranty do you give the acrylics? or are they a limited time warranty if using natural substrates for the scratch factor?

Everybody to their own, but the photos of those cages aren't for me, feels like walking into a Harvey Norman & checking out their microwave display section, except least modern microwaves have stainless steel fascades nowadays :)

No offence taken , some like them some dont ... i make what i'm asked to make , simple .

As for warranty , none what so ever , people who buy them are aware it scratches and if it is scratched that is out of my hands , if they want glass i will install glass .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back