6mm DIY Sliding Glass Track

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getting Hooked

Reaction score
Back in about April of 2009, there was a post about Glass Track, more specifically discussing track to suit laminated 6mm glass for enclosure fronts. I have since started building multiple enclosures, and have several pieces of safety glass or laminated glass, which is 6mm (or 6.38mm thick). I needed glass track to suit, and the only one that seems to be available everywhere is the "Cowdroy" branded version which only takes up to 5mm maximum thickness. Anyhow, I followed up on the previously mentioned source from back in 2009, made a lot of calls, and thought I would post an update.

Icon plastics ( www.iconplastics.com.au ) are located in Melbourne Victoria. They distribute the glass track which is manufactured in QLD. It is 3.6m long. There is a top section or header rail, as well as the bottom piece or sliding tack (you need to order both pieces). They can be ordered in as a "special order" though Bunnings, Mitre10, Home Hardware, Reece Plumbing, and other stores also. When trying to get your local Bunnings (or other) store to order it in, you can improve your chances by providing them with the necessary details of what you are after, hence why I am posting this here.

The company is Icon Plastics.
They are already a Bunnings verified supplier
Their contact phone number (to give to your stores special orders desk if needed) is 1800 803 236
The Part numbers needed are #134017, and #134016
At the time of posting, each part is costing me $19.95, delivered to my local Bunnings store.

I will post an update and photo once it arrives and I've installed it.

Best of luck to anyone doing similar.

Attachments

• 1681700731568.png
    1681700731568.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
Back