Tattoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know there are a few tattoo artists here, and tattoo enthusiasts. Since I'm new to it I was wondering if one of you could help me out.

I know it depends on the artist and time and everything, but I was hoping to get a rough ballpark price range for a tattoo.

This is it, actual size, and it will be only in two colours:

sizeib.jpg

Thanks xD

i dont think price should be a factor in your tattoo. you wouldn't want to get a cheap bang up job from an artist that's just starting out or something. definitely get a well known artist its on your body for life =). id take a guess and say that's around $400 with colour.

tattoo artists vary greatly in price...but with most things the more u pay the better it will be, the guy i used for the last 9 1/2 hours of tattooing i got charges $140 an hour, id says thats middlish price at most places

i dont think price should be a factor in your tattoo. you wouldn't want to get a cheap bang up job from an artist that's just starting out or something. definitely get a well known artist its on your body for life =). id take a guess and say that's around $400 with colour.

$400?

Is the ink mixed with gold?

If it is just black and grey, you are probably looking at 2 hours tops- just don;t expect your artist to enjoy doing it- they HATE the paint by numbers asian symbols !!! What does it mean Ash ? Kinda looks like the Dragon symbol- or is it the ohm ?

Need to brush up on my Mandarin !

he was looking for an approximate. the work ive done on me are all black and grey. so im not sure with colour prices. oops. =)

id say about the 350 mark.. ive never gotten chinese symbols but cherry blossoms are great

if you want good work you have to pay for it. The price should not matter. I think the artist should be more of a factor. You can pay the price with two different artists but one will be better than the other. If you want one that you will be happy with and look at 4ever, pick a good artist not a good price.

I'll have to get some photos of my brothers tattoos, his artist charges $100 an hour.

But its in byron bay, and you have to be there at 6am in the morning and wait until 10am when he opens, because he doesn't take appointments, its walk ins only.

Hey, I know there are a few tattoo artists here, and tattoo enthusiasts. Since I'm new to it I was wondering if one of you could help me out.

I know it depends on the artist and time and everything, but I was hoping to get a rough ballpark price range for a tattoo.

This is it, actual size, and it will be only in two colours:

sizeib.jpg

Thanks xD

Its too small , most tattooists wont do the cherry blossoms that small.
Tattoos will spread over time ( 10 years +)
Going rate is around $150 per hr for a good artist to Free for sctatchers ( tattoos from some ones kitchen.)

if you really look at the top japanese symbol it almost looks like a cartoon face bearing its teeth....

You will find that you will be charged approx $100 - $120 an hour. That design with colour could take around 2.5 to 3 hours. Maybe less.

Like what has been said already, that cherry blossom design is too small. If the tattoo was to be done it would take (depending on the artist) about an hour (maybe 1.5 hours) to knock out. Kanji doesn't take long at all and the flower design is very basic so it wouldn't take long.

You could redesign the flowers to be a bit larger and work in with the kanji and would take a little longer and cost a bit more but look a lot better, depending on placement on the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back