Feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack86

Reaction score
I could be about to ask a really stupid question......haha

My stimsons shed overnight another perfect shed (yay so proud of him) and I was wondering, should I wait a little bit before feeding him so as not to put too much pressure on the delicate new skin? (That sounds ridiculous I'm sorry but I must ask!) I usually wait a day or two before I feed after a shed for this reason but this time around it's been a couple of weeks so I think he'd be fairly hungry.

Thanks for the help !

Picture of shed coz I'm proud of it

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_213648638.jpg
    PXL_20230611_213648638.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
It's not a stupid question, for some animals, especially invertebrates, it actually would be a bad idea, but for snakes there's absolutely no problem. Their new skin doesn't need any time to harden or set.

Good job on the progress you've made with your snake.

It's not a stupid question, for some animals, especially invertebrates, it actually would be a bad idea, but for snakes there's absolutely no problem. Their new skin doesn't need any time to harden or set.

Good job on the progress you've made with your snake.
Thanks very much, we've come a long way thanks to the help from this forum and people like yourself. I will be feeding him today then šŸ˜Š

Back