Jobs Wanted/available section?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a "Reptile Related Jobs" section?

• Yes, we should.

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • No, waste of space.

Votes: 34 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LullabyLizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey :)

Frequently, people on APS ask if anyone has reptile jobs available. Should we start a sub-section (in chit chat) for people looking for reptile related jobs? Or people who have reptile related jobs available?

Just an Idea :)

Rosabella.

no. its not a bad idea, but just think how many adds would be posted by young kids that arent even old enough to work. its great that kids want to work, but please no adds on APS

Jobs

In the current global climate I think we should have a jobs section that covers all jobs.

We could have Jobs wanted and Jobs available.

We would be helping everyone that way. There would have to be a few people around here that have lost their jobs or know someone who has lost their jobs.

People who want jobs in the industry can simply go to the classified ads online......or send an email to companies that are in the industry.....take some initiative......we rarely advertise as we have about 10 applications per week, some get interviewed, some even get jobs

I can't imagine there being that many reptile related jobs, let alone them being available, and if they were they would go to people with qualifications before some random on an online forum lol.

With our expanding business we occasionally need new staff...while many think that a degree or qualifications are required we have found many great handlers and assistants who are enthusiastic and willing to learn do not need a piece of paper.

We find that it is easier to teach people what they need to know and assist them in gaining more knowledge but you cannot teach personality and enthusiasm....some of the most highly qualified people we interview often have a lack of drive and lited people skills, it is a matter of sifting through applications and meeting many people before you find the right one.....not just a qualification.

lol. because, yu can't expect to just have things handed to you. if you want a jjob, or anyone else does, have some initiative and go after one yourself. dont expect to have them thrown at you. its teenagers who think they should have everything handed to them on a plate that gives us all bad names.. take some responsiility and look for a job yourself. this applies to everyone. i understand a job section may help but there wont be 1000's of reptile jobs on offer... im just saying...

I already have a job. I don't expect to have things handed to me. I was merely suggesting an opinion to the APS community.

No.. theres plenty of online jobsites for this..

Ring a recruitment agency!!!

Next thing you'll be asking for a recipes section.

Ring a recruitment agency!!!

Next thing you'll be asking for a recipes section.

I don't want a job!!!! I already have one! As I said, I find allot of people ask for jobs on here. It was just an Idea. Jees...

I can see how you took that personally, I should have written 'next thing someone will be asking'.
That wasn't my intention.

It's a reptile site, let's try keep it that way.

If I could make any changes I'd get rid of the 'Chit Chat' section and keep EVERYTHING strictly reptile related.

Have a good day.

I think JungleRob is right! We should have a recipe section on here..... My snake has always wanted to try thai curry mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back