Rescued puppys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I rescued these 6 adorable 5week old Ridgeback X puppys. They where in a tiny box dumped by there VERY IRRISPOSIBLE owners. I have brought them home to get some weight on them and find them new homes. They will be microchipped and i will be asking for $25 a pup to cover the cost of the microchip. They are too young yet for any vaccinations so you will have to do that when you get your pup. they will hopefully be ready in a week or 2 depending on how they go putting on weight and are up to healthy standards to go to there new homes. There are 5 girls and 1 boy. pm me if you are interested. Kind loving homes only. Im in Clarence Town Near maitland.
Thanks Kate..

Attachments

• pups 012.jpg
    pups 012.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 241
Soo cute, we just got our second dog, I don't think our Mum could tolerate 3 bundles of trouble though :p

Ohh very cute. Well done for rescuing them.

I'd love one, but I don't think my other two fluff balls would appreciate it...lol

you should'nt sell em off till min 8 weeks. they learn social skills from there litter mates. Pitty mum isn't with em.

it sucks so much that the place i live doesnt allow dogs. otherwise i would take one, look at their adorable faces!

big kudos to you for rescuing the little treasures hope they find someone to love them :)

I would suggest you reconsider the microchip as all the details will have to be changed to the new owner anyway in favour of getting them their first lot of vaccinations at 6 weeks.
This would be the more responsible thing to do since they no longer have their mothers milk to help build their imune system.

i was getting them there microchip as it is illegal to sell or givaway and dog or cat with out a microchip. I have had them at the vet and they have suggested that i wait 2 weeks for there vaccinations till there weight is up and there are no signs of any health probs. thats why im keeping them for a few weeks till they r healthy enough for new homes. the only consern is there weight when that is up to standard i will send them to there new homes. so more then likly i will get them there vaccs too and charge for the price of the vacc aswell. thanks Kate

We have got one of these adorable little puppies being held for us until their ready. What BigRed has done in rescueing them is such a great thing, she has a huge heart for animals. Anyone who wants a beautiful pup and one day loyal dog should adopt one of these. BigRed you have a heart of gold.
Danielle. :)

AAWWWW. Thanks Danielle,
i have always been a huge animal lover, your lil girl is doing well.
Thanks for your kind words.
Katexx

I showed the boys, who are now pestering Mrs Tinky

(even put the photo on our computer as background to remind her)

Tinky you should get one of these beautiful lil pups, they are the sweetest things ever. It was hard to not pick all the ones that were left to take home. Cmon Mrs Tinky you wont regret it trust me :)

Top job rescuing those pups and doing all the work to get them fed up and ready for new homes. :D:D

you should'nt sell em off till min 8 weeks. they learn social skills from there litter mates. Pitty mum isn't with em.

Gee its soooo good to hear someone else say that!!! My boss at work just got his new pup and I suggested leaving it with its littermates for the extra couple of weeks but of course he didn't cause the breeder said its fine to take them at 6 weeks. Sure the mum may be weaning them but the social skills (including bite inabition) they learn during those two weeks just cant be taught. It makes me wonder how many "dog" (owner ;)) problems would be avoided if pups had to stay on their mum's till 8 weeks (and were fed naturally too, but thats another story).

gee Bigred, youre an absolute LEGEND for rescuing those pups and finding them good homes,...what a huge job!!!

hope karma treats u well in return! :)

I had to take my mum's 15 year old staffy to the vet today to be euthanised. I have lost friends and not felt as sad as I do today. A dog can literally be your best freind, Good job on giving these pups the chance of not only a happy long life, but letting a family share that life.....

well done you should be proud.

they are so addorable its hard to imagin what they might of been through and then dumped poor lil buggers.
I'd take one but I live in darwin and I already own 2 huskies.

when I bred my husky girl a year ago I also went out and stocked up on puppy supliment milk. its the best stuff for young puppies, I was told not to feed normal milk to them. also I let them go to new homes at 10 weeks due to me getting married and stuff so when I got home I sent them to there new homes. there is also a worm salution available for think its 2 - 6 week pups could be longer I'm not sure can't really remember but you can pick it up at the vets. its in liquid form and comes in a bottle.

good luck with them :)

good on you mate there are still good people in this world. I have been hand feeding 4 staffy( 2 sold 2 to go) pups for nearly a month now cause there mum was killed by a car it was a sad day :( if you ever find out who dumped them i hope you give them a punch in the mouth!

Last edited:
Great job on the rescue!
I love puppies, all kinds :D
It makes me sad that they were just dumped.
If the person had any brains they could take out an ad and sell them or even give them away.
And it wouldnt be hard, they look adorable!

I got my dog at 6 weeks and I wouldn't have changed it! They are so tiny when they are 6 weeks. (Even if it was Rotti X German Shep ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back