New Camera = New Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just got a new camera so tried it out last night and am pretty happy with it.
What you think ? :)

Attachments

• canon 098.jpg
    canon 098.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 171
  • canon 122.jpg
    canon 122.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 175
  • canon 228.jpg
    canon 228.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 185
  • canon 126.jpg
    canon 126.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 135
  • canon 191.jpg
    canon 191.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 159
looking good mate, that beardie and partial stripe bredli are crackers

once u get the focus perfect they will look awesome. are u focusing manually or letting the camera do it automatically. i find letting the camera doing it is easier. lol. what did u use as a back ground for your bredli pics. ?
cheers
mel

once u get the focus perfect they will look awesome. are u focusing manually or letting the camera do it automatically. i find letting the camera doing it is easier. lol. what did u use as a back ground for your bredli pics. ?
cheers
mel

looks like there enclosure on paper towel

cheers
mel
Thanks Mel
I am doing a bit of both atm manual and auto focusing,its all a bit tricky atm plus a nice macro lense would help :).Cabinets are my back drop.

cheers

LOL sorry Brett, i put my glasses on and yes now i can the enclosure better. lol. how ebarrassing. lol
yeah i tried to use the manual on mine and lets just face it......i SUCKED. lol.
so i use the auto. i would love to learn how to use the manual better one day.
get a macro, i think i spent about $900 on mine when i got it and its a fantastic macro lens. takes bloody awesome pics.
:)
mel

if you dont wanna spend the big $$ on a macro lens, spend the $120 (or less) on a 50mm F1.8 prime lens.
you wont have the advantages of zooming, but i wont use anything else for my animal photos!
works a treat....
best $80 i ever spent on my camera!
(picked up a hardly used 2nd hand one myself) and havent looked back!

Like the Bredli's stripes Brett. Some good pics there.

Now all you guys need is electrcity down there and you'll be able to power it instead of using batteries;)

Last edited:
Money well spent, those are great shots. Love the Bredli!

did you use an external flash , using a external flash and using the slowest sync speed of 1/60 and the smallest aperture will give you more depth of field and put the camera on tv mode (shutter priority ) will alow you too choose the speed of 1/60 to 1/200 flash sync i wouldnt buy a macro as there great for small things but not big things like pythons better of with a quality zoom lens then learn too crop and keep every thing in focus except for the back ground good work and keep practicing :D

if you dont wanna spend the big $$ on a macro lens, spend the $120 (or less) on a 50mm F1.8 prime lens.
you wont have the advantages of zooming, but i wont use anything else for my animal photos!
works a treat....
best $80 i ever spent on my camera!
(picked up a hardly used 2nd hand one myself) and havent looked back!

Thanks Matt,yeah cant afford those pricey macro lenses yet so my mate lent me some spaces to help ge a bit closer.Havnt tried them yet :)

Like the Bredli's stripes Brett. Some good pics there.

Now all you guys need is electrcity down there and you'll be able to power it instead of using batteries;)
Thanks Josh
We may have no power and dirt roads but we have fresh air,you should come down and try some :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back