drums

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, soo its christmas, and i got an electric drum kit, and i was wondering if any1 knows any good sites that would have "lessons" or (4 lack 4a better word) "fretts" for easy songs? and if u play, what do u like 2 play, wat model drum kit blah blah, that kind of thing, pics please :) .

Will

youtube. get a program called guitar pro it has drum tabs and the go on ultimate-guitar and get some songs off it in the guitar pro format

don't know much bout electric drums, but im a drummer ... got a pearl forum kit with paiste cymbols, hi hat and crash .... simple set up .... don't really need a rockstar set up cuz i just played in a skinhead/punk band

Yeah, i'd second guitar pro, it works absolute wonders, cant live without it.
electric kits also sometimes have songs programed into the .. thingy. i dont have an electric kit but my drum teacher does, and i think thats the only good thing about them imo ;)

ive got a gretsch custom series 6 piece with istanbul cymbles, ironcobra doubles. Im looking for a good quality electronic kit at the moment as i have heaps of trouble with noise issues from the neighbours. That and they have 60000 different sounds so its heaps cheaper than buying bigger kits and more cymbles

Pearl Export 5pc, Zildjian ZXT and Sabian cymbals, Zildjian sticks. Don't get to play much anymore though; it's a very quiet neighborhood. Like everyone else has said, guitar pro is the best place to go for drum tabs but after you get the hang of playing you wont need tabs anymore.

don't know much bout electric drums, but im a drummer ... got a pearl forum kit with paiste cymbols, hi hat and crash .... simple set up .... don't really need a rockstar set up cuz i just played in a skinhead/punk band

What was the name ?

Skinwalkers?

I have both type of kits OR did until recently.....just sold my Pearl traditional kit due to space restrictions and now just play the electronic kit. The "thingy" is called a drum brain and the best option is to plug in your ipod/mp3 or CD player into the Aux input and play along. The programmed songs in the brain are gay, although do help you to get a beat happening to a certain extent.

The best part about an electronic kit, is the Family and neighbours DON'T have to listen to you trying to bash out a riff when your learning...LOL

If your serious, do some lessons and the rest is up to you..:)
then you can buy a "drum" amp and ditch the phones when you sound half and people can enjoy it.

never ever would i buy my kids a drum set

Haha. I just bought my 11yr old son a drum kit for Christmas, although I think I will get more use out of it than him, lol.
My mum lives with us and she is thinking of moving on to a nursing home after 3 days of the drums arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back