Best way to dispose of 50 thawed rats?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Short story, freezer failure, lost my whole stockpile of frozen rats all 70 - 100g.

How would be the best way to dispose of them. They are in sealed bags. Take them all out and incinerate them or just chuck the bags in the garbage?

Suggestions needed. Anyone needing to feed their snakes TODAY (Thursday 17th), come get them free.

If your freezer is now fixed, Id re-freeze them and chuck em on bin night. Whatever you do dont throw them in the bin for a few days unless you like maggots.

why cant you just bury them? good compost and the worms will love em

I gassed 2 adults a while back that decided to kill a littler of pinkies...I tossed them in the bin in a bag that I thought was sealed days before garbo day...
Well those 2 days where 43 and 42 degree days and all I can say is HOLLY HELL.
As Kenny would say that stink would out last religion, it took 2 bottles of detol to subdue the smell enough that I could open the windows in the house again :)
So I am not even going to try and imagine what 50 dead rats might smell like.

I gassed 2 adults a while back that decided to kill a littler of pinkies...I tossed them in the bin in a bag that I thought was sealed days before garbo day...
Well those 2 days where 43 and 42 degree days and all I can say is HOLLY HELL.
As Kenny would say that stink would out last religion, it took 2 bottles of detol to subdue the smell enough that I could open the windows in the house again :)
So I am not even going to try and imagine what 50 dead rats might smell like.

I know exactly where you are comming from

I came home one day to find my bin lying on its side in the middle of the front lawn with a whole pile of puke next to it. Apparently my wife decided to bring the bin in after garbo day and copped a whiff of the decaying liquified rat that I left in the bottom. The puke was her contribution :) I had to stand 15 feet away from the bin to hose the stink out. Never again ...

blood and bone is good for fertilizer dig a hole if you cant get anyone to take them... And as someone previously said know anyone with goannas??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back