P and o Accident

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gozz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Please be careful at work, as one of my work mates
was tragicly Killed in the work place last saturday,
He was only 31 leaving behind a wife and 2 children
under 2. So just remember to always leave home telling
your loved ones how much they mean to you....................

Gee that's so so sad.. So sorry to hear that!!!
Can you elaborate on what happened?

Lewy

I'm so sorry for your loss. My hubby works at P&O too but he's in the Super B's going around the island so luckily wasn't in the yard when it happened! Still it's hard to take for any of them!
There was also one of the drivers earlier in the year who had a heart attack in his truck and it wasn't until it was his turn to get loaded that everyone wondered why he wasn't moving up.

PLEASE stay safe everyone!!!!

im sorry about that, but if i can ask, whats a P&O?
P and o is a stevedore company (wharfie), dp world took over p and o 2 years ago
just the container terminal side. I work for the bulk and general cargo which unloads all steel beam
plate steel etc, plus all the heavy machinery trains etc ,all unload by ships cranes, also all the cars that come into the country. We only unload bags for the cruize ships, cheers

I'm sorry to hear mate.

I lost a mate a few weeks ago. He was only 19 and died trying to help another mate who was in trouble. Certaintly makes you appreciate your friends and family that much more.

Very sad news, I'm so sorry to hear that mate. :(

I used to work for a very large metal recycling company and worked around large machinery all day. You don't realise just how easily these accidents can happen till you've seen them first hand, I've never personally witnessed a death but have seen someone pinned under a forklift, people knocked out by steel beams, pieces of steel piercing body parts and other various close calls. Machinery is extremely dangerous to be around.

That's horrible and a tragedy for you and the Family involved....so sorry for your loss! I HATE to hear of these incidences as I have dne many courses over the years and seen what can happen in the workplace. I am passionate about his subject and felt compelled to write a response. I write and implement OH&S procedures for the Company I work for and have done with others beforehand, I work for a Multi-trade (electricians, plumbers & carpenters) Company and have nearly lost my life twice over the years in Construction. I severed my femoral artery & vein at a construction site from a glass incident and literally bled to death and was saved by a femoral surgeon as well as being blown up by a 300amp supply fault which caused my heart to fribulate and suffered burns to one side of my body and was temporaily blinded, which was a massive problem.
As Gozz said, you have to cherish everyday you live and love the ones your with, lif is too short and NOT worth the crap you have to deal with with petty arguments over hybrid animals.....
Sorry mate that IS really a loss that could have been avoided and so sad!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back