hey QLDers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbellybite

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
How many of you are getting your ARKS ready ? if this rain dont let up the only way out is by boat ...we have had such a big lot of rain since last night and looking at the weather radar it isnt going to settle down anytime soon ...not swimming yet but its getting there ..:lol::lol:

Been thinking about it RBB, gonna need one to get to work soon :3
I have puddles in my shoes from walking through the swimming pools on the walk from the train station!
I'm terrified of tripping over! I may drown!

I live amongst this .......SOS ..........;)

DSCF3437.jpg

Well our creeks are up to the point now that it will over flow and flood us in very soon ...dont even know if my hubby can get home yet ....and its still pouring down ...

hahaha Red, i got excitedthe other day abotu the tsunami warning, i was like wooo wheres my surfboard!??!! also my father said we should get our rods ready and go fishing out the windows.... :D

We are copping it here too, glad the other half got to come home from work, coz by this afternoon bribie road will probably be shut. All our snakes are sitting up high in their cages wonder what they know?????

Last edited:
haha its true. i am sick of the rain. the road to our house floods and we get trapped in here
fingers crossed it eases off soon cuz the dogs are getting bored and unfit and i haven't ridden my pony in a while!!

yeah well I was over an hour late for work because the bus NEVER turned up as I didn't know the road into Mooloolah was already cut!! So the only way in and for me is by train and hope that they keep going!!!!
As for hubby, he's down in Brisbane working so he'll have to come home the back way into Mooloolah!! Our creek is almost over the little bridge but it will take a bit to get into the house, although I feel for some of our neighbours who are low lying!!! And it doesn't look like easing up at all!!!!
STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!

Yes this rain is too much. I had to pull the 4x4 out so that I could take the kids to school as the water was to high on the roads for the comodore. I hope it gives up soon have heaps of washing to dry and a background to make.

Had 205mm since Saturday, 150mm of that just yesterday, it's suppose to get worse with a surface low developing on the monsoon trough around now with some intense winds, can't wait! That's only for the Sunny Coast, and WBB though, your turns over Brissy!
A few 100m down the road, the Mooloolah river is 2 metres over the road, nice!

On Stevens Road. Will be going for a drive later to have a look around, might get some pictures. Lucky the rain hasn't been heavy, just persistent, could be a lot worse if there wasn't time for some of it to drain away!

I've got some King Parrots on the outside table hiding from the rain, gave them a handful of sunflower seeds, should keep them happy.

I couldn't even get along Kawana Way last night to go and get milk because there was too much water over the road!
The rain hasn't even eased off here since about 4pm yesterday...the golf course is sounding mighty good again this afternoon! :D

hey red.. 100 mm we have gotten so far.. we have a new river on both propertuies... lil Turles poppiing up every where... Pushing more snakes in doors here.. was going to have a herping day ta my place soon but i think i will be fixing fencing instead.!

The funny thing is - the rainy coast (ie the Far North) has had almost no rain!!!

Usually we have a few weeks solid of rain - and you can end up quite depressed with the lack of UV....

But... This year it hasn't happened!!!

You've all got our rain! GIVE IT BACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back