The ultimate proof!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
We decided to do a little test in light of the recent arguments in wich the S.I.M. tub has been at the centre of the mud slinging. I set up one in a hovabator to see if there is any weight to these claims that they are less effective in them. I was sloppy to say the least, i fit the lid like an ill fitting lid would fit. I shoved probes under the lid, not one but three. It has been running for half an hour and so far,

DSC03278.jpg

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

Please note that the lid is not sealed fully and these are the readings already? Something is not adding up? By the way, there is a hundred ml of water in the base.

nobody said the sim was no good they just sayin home made ones work just as good for them at a fraction of the cost ,i think it just comes down to peoples personal preference

I don't really understand? Were not you guys the ones to say the sims had issues in hovabator style incubators?

This is the type of incubator that supposedly the SIM does not work in??? Seems to work fine for me. Thats why i posted the pics. To show that its not the tub.

just reading another thread, it was greg madden that said these inc.'s dont 'mesh' with the 'sim' container...

I find it very very interesting that you feel the need to double, triple every post you make about the SIM method. One is more than sufficient as any good product will speak for itself!

Interestingly enough was it not the assumed inventor of this product (gregg) that came to this site and posted that the SIM tubs do not work in the Hoovabator style incubator??

HERE IS THE QUOTE

"Using this style incubator in conjunction with a no substrate incubation method or our SIM container does not mesh well...

The reason behind this is the air temp in the egg chamber is much warmer than the substrate temp because of the heating element placement... The heating element in these incubators needs to get very hot in orger to heat the ambient air to the proper degree because the heat needs to be pushed down in an un-natural manner.... So if you need to incubate at 85 degrees, the heating element reaches temps of 110 degrees... This causes the substrate to be cooler than the air temp in the SIM box... The cooler moist substrate will not release humdity in the air... The condensation line will stay at the substrate level...

If you leave a cold glass of water in a hot area, you will notice that the condensation will only build up on the glass where the water is and not above the water line... It is kind of the same thing going on in the SIM when used with hovabators...

In my opinion, Hovabators are pretty much old hat and the fact is, they were never ment to be used to hatch reptiles... Are they bad??? No, but they certainly are not the best choice...

I would use a home made wood box with some heat tape on the bottom before I used a Hovabator..."

Seems the Australian distributor is standing by her product even whe the inventor isn't in these style incubators!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back