Axolotls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
I realise axolotls aren't reptiles but I need some advice.

I have bought two axolotls from a pet shop that wasnt caring for them (other fish had eaten their gills, one had the tip of its tail missing and both had splotchy discolouration on their tails) I had always wanted axolotls and thought I could save them :rolleyes: .

But since moving in with me their discolouration still remians even though I bought some anti fungal water additive to add to their water.

They also eat very little, they werent eating daily so I thought I would try feed them every 2/3 days but even then they will only eat a tiny portion of food. I just feed them axolotl pellets.

Their water admittidedly does get a little warm occasionally (as in about 23 but this is midday and not everyday) but I do not have heating in the room and they are kept in a darker part of the room.

Any suggestions to get them eating more and in better health?

What sort of eater parameters are you keeping him in re ph gh nitite nitrate

What sort of filtration do you have ? Setup ? Bare bottomed or gravel

dont try bloodworms as food , live worms yes live black worms yes but not bloodworms

Or earthworms, my girl likes them :)

keep there water at a stable temperature about 20 degrees and try to feed them live wriggly food until they are eating good again
cheers Deano :D:D:D

What sort of eater parameters are you keeping him in re ph gh nitite nitrate

What sort of filtration do you have ? Setup ? Bare bottomed or gravel

I don't know the nitrate gh or nitrite, but keep ph between 7-7.4. What should the others be? and do i just test them with a store brought testing kit?

Filtration is just one of those subermergable ones that stick to side of tank.

I tried freeing defrosted bloodworms (given to me by pet shop) but they didnt even notice them. I will try find some live blackworms and beef heart.

Hetty - how often does your girl eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back