Look what I found in the incubator this morning - patternless levis occidentalis!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mutation seems to be a first. There was one person overseas that bred a patternless occidentalis, but it died not long after it hatched, so maybe you'd call it a second!

Hey Saz, the patternless young were a little bit see through but now are not. You have an amazing gecko there pal.

I wonder what name is given to an animal lacking all white pigment? It looks different to what would traditionaly be accepted as a patternless animal.

From what i`ve found, it looks like the most fitting term for the mutation would be "Translucent", Thats what they call it in beardies overseas anyway. :)

Genetics

that updated pic of the patternless is gorgeous!!!

Thought I'd update with another pickie:

DSC_0098.jpg

OMG!!!!! those are the best looking occ ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!! even the parents look insane!!!! the paternless is by far the best ive seen!! keep up the great work!!!! i wish i had all of them!!!!!! how long have you been working with them? did you start out with bright colorfull animals or did you start from scratch?

Next season will be the fourth generation of my colour occ line. I was lucky enough to start with highly coloured animals as I purchased wild caught hatchlings from John McGrath which later coloured up to be absolutely amazing. Had he known they would turn out like that I'm sure he wouldn't have parted with them, was just luck of the draw.

if theres anyway 2 export 2 the usa put me on your waiting list!!!!!! those are the best ive ever seen PEROID!!!!! ive looked at the pics 10 times allready,lol!! god they look good!!!!

Its great to see hard work and a bit of luck pay off. Great job Saz. He is just beautiful.

Australia can't freight reptiles internationally, but thanks for the interest anyway.

Thanks guys, will be taking a whole LOT of photos this weekend so will add some more.

yea thats just my luck!! im glad i found the pics anyways they are beautiful!!! i cant wait 2 see more!! thanks again

Thought I'd update with another pic, he was really glowing this morning.

translucentocc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back