Look what I found in the incubator this morning - patternless levis occidentalis!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Could not BELIEVE my eyes when I looked in the incubator this morning. The first eggs from my T3 generation from my coloured project had hatched, and with this first line breed comes a patternless hatchling!

Looks like the trait is recessive so fingers crossed 50% of further eggs will also have the trait. The great thing is that I have been breeding this line for colour, so they should be patternless and incredibly colourful too!

SO excited!!

:)

Parents - infact this was the mating that produced these hatchlings - daughter to son mating
DSC_0331-2.jpg

DSC_0328-3.jpg

Parents of the Dad of these hatchlings (mum is same animal as mentioned) - this is the mating that produced him!
skittles2-1.jpg

Hatchlings - one patternless, one patterned
DSC_0368-4.jpg

DSC_0369-2.jpg

DSC_0374-1.jpg

DSC_0371-2.jpg

DSC_0372-1.jpg

They look great !!!

Congrats SAZ, you have some amazing geckos...... just slightly jealous lol

Wow Saz he is very nice, just a question (probably stupid) but will his colour remain that dark a shade? Or after a few sheds will he colour up like normal Levis Occidentalis?

This line don't colour up until about 8 months. I almost sold the orange daddy to these babies at seven months because he wasn't that good looking. A month later he changed to a sexy bright shade of orange!

WOW Saz, Incredible. Do you have any others for sale from your projects?

Absolutely stoked! Especially seeing that they should be beautifully coloured too. I think think that little guy must be the first known patternless occidentalis in Australia? Do they have them overseas?

Goes to show one of the positive sides of inbreeding/line breeding!

Yay! *pats Jellybean club badge*

Fraid not, there are a couple of people with a similar goal that I had planned on trading with this season, but there won't be any for sale just yet.

I bought an almost black 5 month old Levis...... a few months later and she is a beautiful orange/red. She is just about to lay her first clutch, and with my bright orange male im really excited!

Its like a lucky dip with baby Levis lol

Great! Will go find out the mode of inheritance on the overseas gene. The mum is a first generation captive bred, so her parents were wild caught in WA.

gorgeous Sarah!! well done I bet your stoked!! will interesting to see how they colour up ;)

Can't wait to see what they turn out like colour wise. This is only third generation, but going by last seasons offspring they should be stunning :)

Geez Sarah, talk about coincidence! I found one in my inc today as well (levis levis), wasn't expecting it either as it was only from the slim possibility line... only the second levis I have hatched this season too.... many more to come fingers crossed..

Fantastic! Now all we need are patternless pilbariensis and we've got the lot, hehe!

:)

Im not much of a fan with lizards however those are awesome...Great stuff..MARK

Well done Saz, things are paying off now that is a real cracker. Welcome to the jelly bean club and i hope you breed many more. These are my favourite gecko just love them. As for the patternless pilb they are not to far away with all the line breeding going on. Exciting times in our little gecko world. Keep us posted with the progress.
Hey Jason well done on the second hatchy being a patternless lucky bastard.
lol
regards ryan

I can't wait to see them at 8 month's. Absolutely gorgeous!
My little guys from you are going beautifully, you should see the colours on the littlest hatchling. She is beautiful, lots of yellow:). The male has got a couple of girlfriends(from hypo line), so I can't wait to see his offspring. You will have to come & see them.
Congrats,
James.

Thanks guys. Will take updated pickies as he grows. I've found patternless pilbariensis overseas, but not patternless occidentalis. He might be the first one, bless him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back