Importing Snakes from QLD to NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikanderoga

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been searching the web and this forum for an answer to my question, unfortunately I wasn't lucky, i only found it the other way around

I live in the northern Rivers region, and I found a breeder in QLD I'd like to buy from, located in QLD Metro, which would make a travel for a snake much shorter than from NSW Metro.

Would I need any kind of import/export permit from QLD or NSW to move the snake from QLD to NSW?

Yes, view NSW licensing website & you'll find import/export permits to print off.

If you live in NSW you will have to contact your EPA ( either inperson or via the web ) and apply for whsts called an Import/Export Permit - costs about $20 and can take about 1-3 weeks to arrive.
All that is required for the QLD seller to do is provide a QLD movement Advice....and it has to travel with the reptile.

We are constantly buying/selling reptiles from/to NSW and it is a pretty easy process..just means you have to wait for your new pets until the NSW permit arrives.

hope this helps.

Well, I've bought a snake, just waiting on my license to arrive (They've told me to call them next week if I still don't have it). Should I send in an IE Permit form now? (Or do I need my license for that too) (I'm in NSW importing from QLD)

I have actually saved the Import/Export application (NSW) as a Form Fill PDF so that you can type all yoru details and then save it to save you filling out yoru own details each time you make an applicaiton. If you want a copy email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back