Giant Dragons Please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniwren

Reaction score
Does anyone in Australia have some Giant Bearded Dragons? German Giants? I am in SA and would like to buy some. Thanks.

There is someone breeding large bearded dragons, i dont think they are German giants though.

So you want hybrids of vitticeps & barbata?
That is what they are. Just cross bred beardies.

Does anyone in Australia have some Giant Bearded Dragons? German Giants? I am in SA and would like to buy some. Thanks.

They come up for sale once in awhile. Last listing was from one of our SA advertisers on The HerpTrader ;) Last time he advertised them was at the end of January.

don't mean to hijack but I've had a brief look around but can ne 1 say how big they grow or where I could find pics?
Look on overseas sites, German Giants was the name given to a hybrid line created in Europe of vitticeps and barbarta (Eastern and Central Beardies) that was said to get up to 60cm

awsome :) will have a look now, temperameny wise are they simular and what price are we looking at?...
I dont think you will find them in Australia easily, not the real ones anyway, some confused folk call the Easterns "German Giants" as they dont know any better or think you dont

[video=youtube;SgASGK-L0qM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgASGK-L0qM[/video]

My central is nearly 60cm's lol

56cm -and only just on a year :)

Thanks for the replies. I have heard of breeders but dont know of any.
If someone has large beardies or 'giant' lines, let me know.
Ta

I have read that breeders use German Giants to improve size in there stock and they are also supposed to have huge amounts of eggs per clutch. Just google american bearded dragon breeders and you'll come scross them easily.

I swear I have read a thread on here about someone breeding them here. He had measurements of his animals etc. From memory of the pics they were kept in outdoor enclosures. I can't remember who he was though. Do a search on here, it may bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back