Cleaning?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbowers

Reaction score
So I had my cleaning regime sorted when i had my beardie and the substrate was on tiles.

However, now that I've got sand for an Ackie, I really have no idea what to do. I take out the poo and a bit of surrounding sand as soon as I notice it every day. What else should I be doing? I plan on changing the sand every 6 months as that's what people here seem to advocate doing.

Cheers,
James

Yep sounds good, clean the waterbowl regularly, pullout any furniture hose/scrub down, spray the enclosure with f10 and clean down also a good thing

How often to people take apart their stack and clean the levels off? I'm just keen to not disturb Pippin (the ackie) too much, as he is still very much afraid of me a lot of the time, and isn't quite settled in yet.

does he crap in his stack?
if not id just clean it when ur disturbing him to do a full sand change anyway,...

i dont use chemials in any of my enclosures, just hot water and a scrubbing brush.

Nope, he always seems to come out to poop, which is nice I suppose.

I guess I'll stick with spot cleaning until I do a full sand change every 6 months - unless anyone has any strong reasons not to?

jbowers - A good way to do a reasonable clean (other than the full sand change) is to get a sieve and scoop the sand through it. Crap, urates, dead woodies etc will get caught in the sieve, the sand falls back through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back