I met a strange person today......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably just get bored of it and then let it go. If he can't get it to feed he may come to the conclusion that it is better off in the wild anyway.

as they do feed on trap door spiders similar size to small/medium crickets

Can you put a link to to this info. According to studies done by Goodyear and Pianka the only invert they encountered was an ant probably taken in with a Lersita sp.
They are known basically as a lizard eater. Happy to be wrong on this.

Are you confused with Chilomeniscus sp. Charlie? I havent heard of Simoselaps taking inverts either. Wouldnt mind seeing that reference if you have it handy.

crickets? what a dummy i met a few people that dont know snakes .... but they all new they eat rats .... hmm in few years time it will be onto giant woodies

hahahahah cracked me up :) that was gold !!!
the bloke sounded like a smart chap! lol

That aint livin Jim
Thats just wrong!!

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat insects or vegetables for that matter, bring on the mammoth I say and maybe some BBQ sauce and a bib.....

I was in my local pet shop buying goldfish this afternoon and a chap came in wanting to buy "crickets" for his....snake !!! My ears popped....I said to him....crickets for a snake, I don't think so....what sort of snake. He said he wasn't sure, his mate had given it to him, it was about 4 inches long, had a white head and orange stripes. He was "sure" it wasn't dangerous and thought it should be fed !!! I said do you have a licence for it.....oh yeah he says, I have a licence !! Mmmmm me thinks, he's only had it 2 days, doesn't know what it is, thinks it eats crickets and it takes a month to get a licence.....somethings not right here !!! BUT....the pet shop SOLD HIM CRICKETS !!!!

Very strange....you guys got any idea what a West Ozzie snake...about 4 ins long, white head and orange stripes could be ????????

That's nothing, I've heard "elite" herpers talking about feeding their hatchlings moths :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back