what monitor?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilesrkool

Reaction score
hi guys i was looking for a monitor hopefully a pair that would be alight to house in a enclosure 5 1/2 foot long by 2foot high by 1 1/2 wide but i don`t really wat to get ridgies or gillens what do you guys think would be ok in there? thanks jack

Reptilesrkool - Which species are you licensed to keep?

You have effectively wiped out the two best species for the enclosure size you have. Without a doubt Gillens would be my first choice.
I think you will struggle to find too much else that will comfortably manage in that size enclosure.

my various scallaris do very well in 4 foot tanks, and have done so for years.....were mateing quite vigoursely 2 days ago. this very naughty male which u c in the picture on this message...from Lake Victoria NT.

if u r in NSW then u would need a class 2 license for anything other than ridgies and gillens, which imo are awesome!! :p they really are very entertaining and al of mine are handlable apart from 1.

Pretty much any Odatria will be ok in an eclosure that size if you decorate it properly(but not suitable for larger types if you just have the typical one branch and unused space setup).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back