Python Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelis

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a pet snake called Michaelis, he's a childrens python 3yrs old, he recently had some something like a peice of paper or somthing stuck up his butt, which I wrote on here (somewhere, anyway!). I haven't found any poo or anything since then, and it was about 3 weeks ago, he has still kept eating with a good appetite, but I haven't noticed any sickness about him yet, but I have searched his enclosure (which I cleaned out just after he had something in his butt) and there is NOTHING. Should I be concerened? Also, Next yr I'm gonna be really busy and everything, and i know snakes don't like constant attention, but I'm really worried about neglecting him. I love him dearly, He's been in my fam for over 2 yrs, and I want whats best for him, but reality is, I'm not sure I will have the time to look after him properly in the future. I still haven't decided for sure, what to do with him, I don't exactly want to 'get rid' of him, but if I sold him, how likely is he to sell, and I'd want him to go to the best home possible, he would come with an enclosure, but I want him to go to a good home, NOT a beginer, and NOT to someone who keeps snakes in stacked up crates/ drawers. how likey would I be to find him a really good home. Please help. I'm not sure what to do.

Oh, he doesn't have anything stuck up his butt now, it came out by itself a couple of hours after I freaked out and he seemed OK, and I bathed him in some warm water to make him feel better, as some peeps suggested.

I didn't stick paper up his butt, it just got there, yeah I think he did eat it, but like I said, he hasn't pooped since then, but he has still been eating.

Could someone please post somthing a bit more helpful??? PLEASE!!!!

Lol ^

And to state the maybe not so obvious... take him to the vet!!!!

So far as him not pooing, MAYBE his food size needs increasing?
Someone else may have more insight....

With your other question, list him for sale here, The Trading Post or one of the other pet sites.
You don't have to sell him to anyone you don't like the look of.

Snakes (particularly as you only appear to have the one) are really one of the least time consuming animals you can keep.
You know your personal situation better than anyone else, but, the time it takes to feed and clean for one snake, you feel will be too much??

Anyway, good luck if you decide to sell him.

His food size does need to be increased, but the people we buy the mice off didn't have the right size, and said it'd be another whole week before they'd have the right size in. Also, is selling him on here legal? I'm using paper shreddings for his substrait. So is he in any danger, with this whole not pooing business?

So is he in any danger, with this whole not pooing business?

If it's still going in one end and not coming out the other, then I'd say you have a potential problem. At the very least stop feeding him and get him to a vet for a proper assesment.

Mate i'd keep him.

I go camping regularly and do lots of stuff. She still cruises around watching me and when i get her out enjoys the time out.

Snakes are perfect for busy people like us. I'd keep her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back