Post-Bite Concerns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlas

Reaction score
Hi all, it finally happened. After seventeen years, my big boy diamond python finally got me. I’ve got a gnarly bite on my arm but no infection and I’m not at all worried about me - I’m worried about the snake!

Normally when my little ones bite me, I wave a bit of alcohol under their nose and they let go immediately. Not with Gary. He was pretty determined that my arm was going to make a good snack. Eventually went with the water route to get him to give up, but I was in a very awkward position kneeling on the floor with him attached to both me and the log in his tank, so I spilled a bit of the alcohol on him - hoping that was washed off then with the water afterwards.

I’m worried about him having either ingested the alcohol or ending up with a resp infection or something from the water, I worry about it having gone up his nose or something. This is a new situation and I noticed he keeps rubbing his nose again his logs and rocks; he only shed about two weeks ago, so he’s not starting another shed. Anything I should be keeping an eye out for, or am I just being paranoid??

Back