Hypo costals???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deff not paradox albino's, as far as i know they cannot be bred. They could be hypo's or just normal coastals

I knew that they werent paradox...Just wondering what he was on about....They had black spots forming...I dont know much about albino paradox

They look hypo,however some that look like that now, may just go darker with age.Alot of people brought hypos(light) only to find with age they were just normal looking coastals..So far so good.Who bred them....

They were bred by Eric pointon in bundy...Unfortunately i sold them.....

Awesome looker dreamkiller...Mine had next to no black at all...I imagined that they would end up looking like that with a bit more age...You dont see to many hypo costals...Well i havent anyway

I think the only coastal I've seen that are true hypos are True Blue's.

The problem with coastals is that a heap of the hatchies come out as a bright orange baby with little to no black marks and people just assume that they are hypo's when in fact most of them shed out that orange colour and the black starts to come through.

Cameron

Hope you didn't pay "paradox albino" prices for those! They are just common coastals. They will, over time, turn out to look like your stock standard bush coastals.

View attachment 178437kinda like this one, he was sold to me as a hypo costal..
Well i would have thought this to be a HYPO no problems at all. Hypo means less melanin, meaning reduced black coloration not necessary no black at all. We have bred & sold what we call Hypos, now that is not no black but reduced black, & the amount of reduced black dictates what price you pay.
Unless there is someone breeding NO BLACK Hypos, they will allways come up with some black.
Cheers
Ian & Paula.

OUR "HYPO's"

Well i would have thought this to be a HYPO no problems at all. Hypo means less melanin, meaning reduced black coloration not necessary no black at all. We have bred & sold what we call Hypos, now that is not no black but reduced black, & the amount of reduced black dictates what price you pay.
Unless there is someone breeding NO BLACK Hypos, they will allways come up with some black.
Cheers
Ian & Paula.

This photo of two yearling holdbacks that we bred last season. As you can see they do not totally lack melanin(black) but certianly are reduced black than normal coastals. I can show the parents that they came from & expect the likes of these young snakes when bred together to throw even more reduced color.
Now this is just our opinion( from research we have done) & not necesarily right. If anyone has more info or better experience then please let us know. All we want to do is breed good snakes & sell them for what they are.
Female Holdback.jpgPC070689.jpg

AGREED so many getting ripped off on the HYPO WISH TRAIN .....

Redbelly, how would you define a Hypo coastal? I am just interested that is all. So that we know ourselves know what to sell the animal as.
Merry Xmas
Ian & Paula.

This photo of two yearling holdbacks that we bred last season. As you can see they do not totally lack melanin(black) but certianly are reduced black than normal coastals. I can show the parents that they came from & expect the likes of these young snakes when bred together to throw even more reduced color.
Now this is just our opinion( from research we have done) & not necesarily right. If anyone has more info or better experience then please let us know. All we want to do is breed good snakes & sell them for what they are.
View attachment 178618View attachment 178619

Can you elaborate on the mode of inheritance your "Hypo's" follow? E.g. Are they polygenic, dominate or recessive etc?

Can you elaborate on the mode of inheritance your "Hypo's" follow? E.g. Are they polygenic, dominate or recessive etc?
I am not sure of the terms that you are talking about. is there some hidden cult or element that recognises one hypo from another.

They are bred from some good quality snakes that I bought when we first started breeding.
The background of the original snakes I do not know.But I have been working with them over the last 6 years to produce what I do today.

All I would like to know is are they what is considered HYPOS, to me they fit the description & someone show me any different. If so what do you class as a Hypo.
Cheers
Ian & Paula.

---------- Post added 27-Dec-10 at 02:23 PM ----------

View attachment 178618View attachment 178619

Can someone tell me if these are considered HYPO? I am just after some clarification.

Cheers
Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back