Maternally incubated eggs hatched!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

niggz

Reaction score
My Jungle eggs that were being maternally incubated have hatched! Awesome to see the mum do her job so well. They ended up going 58-59 days. So far I have 8 but it's hard to tell how many more might be in there. I have added a picture but it isn't very good as I only had my phone camera and the mum was being very protective.

22012011034.jpg

Great stuff! I think every breeder should have a go at this at least once, awesome to see mum do her job naturally. Well done to you both!!

All snakes make good mothers. We take the eggs away to have better control over the environment we incubate them in and also to get breeding females back on to feed again. This means that an animal that is incubating eggs will not start feeding until they have hatched, but a female that has her eggs taken away and incubated will start feeding again almost immediatly. This makes it better to regain condition for next years breeding.

Top effort Niggz,i love seeing the female naturally incubate her eggs..Are you getting the little ones once they hatch,or waiting for all to hatch..Montypython-the reason MOST people artificially incubate eggs so the female can eat quicker,therefor put condition on alot sooner.

Thanks guys. 100% hatch rate with 14 in total. Very happy! I just grabbed them one by one as they came out of the nest box. I had 5 by last night, another 3 this morning and the rest during today. It was funny, they hatched in a 2 foot high enclosure and most went straight up the branches to the highest point they could get too and hung out up high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back