Woma food advice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darls

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a woma python that's currently on extra large mice, but just tried him on weanling rats (dont seem big enough) fed it to him and they went down too easily, they almost seem smaller then the extra large mice, but the guy at the pet shop said that they were equivalent in size. So i bough the next size up a sub adult. now this seems way too LARGE. he's about 3 ft, 520 grams, yearling ( 1 year to be exact). He also said if it doesnt fit and your woma struggles too much cut the rats legs off?

I know they can eat as wide as their larger part of their body. sub adult way too large, weanling go down to easliy.

thanks

You'd be surprised what they can fit down their throat. I was told the rule about the thickness of the body when I started too but have since been told a better rule is how long it takes to get down. I think about 20 minutes is right. If it's much less than that it is too small. There should also be a very obvious lump once the rat is in his belly. Hope that helps

You'd be surprised what they can fit down their throat. I was told the rule about the thickness of the body when I started too but have since been told a better rule is how long it takes to get down. I think about 20 minutes is right. If it's much less than that it is too small. There should also be a very obvious lump once the rat is in his belly. Hope that helps

Thank you. This helps a lot.

A good rule is feed them a meal 1 1/2 times the size of there heads. Even then thats not a big meal. You WILL be suprised what fits down there throat. If they cant eat it they will and can back off the food item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back