DIY Zone on the forum, good idea or not ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Zone on the forum, good idea or not ?

• Yes

Votes: 110 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
great idea i want to build a rock or slate back ground. which %#$* said no to a good way to save money. have you seen the cost of good back grounds for four feet plus enclosure and then you have troubles with how do you not cover air vents. $200 plus for good ones. or $200 to build a enclosure your self or $400 plus at pet shops

"Originally Posted by ozstorm
now who was the duffus who said no"

Probably someone French dam cheese eating surrender monkeys lol

If we want this to make a difference we will need more votes. Keep the coming cheers Daniel

come on all you night owls, we need your votes too if Admin are going to take this suggestion seriously

:O We have a second no. I know you are possibly afraid of being flamed but if either of you are reading do you mind if I ask why?
Jax how many votes do you need before it gets put into effect?

most definately a yes here too jax... would make it alot easier to find what you are looking for if your not a member of the DIY group

It wasnt a case of Admin saying, ''if you get 100 to say yes, we will do it." I just wanted to show that there is interest out there for something like this.
Its not guaranteed that it will even go ahead. I have submitted the idea to admin, and am trying show them its worth while.

as for the 2 that said "no".... eveyone is welcome to an opinion, thats why there are 2 buttons there.

Im curious by the no voters and would really be interested to know why?
personally I'm all for this idea and D.I.Y. forum. cheers

I cant honestly see any reason why they would truly think its a bad idea, i would say they just voted no for the fun of it

there are people out ''there'' that just have to be opposite to everyone else... or maybe they wouldn't know one end of a nail from another and wouldn't find any use in a DIY section. Not everyone likes to do things themselves. Some have the attitude that 'anything is possible as long as you dont have to do it yourself'
So dont knock those that have said 'No', lets just get some more 'yes' votes in.

Im curious by the no voters and would really be interested to know why?
personally I'm all for this idea and D.I.Y. forum. cheers

So Colin does that mean when can have a DIY section? :)
Come on there has to be some more votes left in people. Its a good idea and wound benefit everyone eventually.

Good News, I received an email yesterday from Admin, and they have their software guy looking at the logistics of it all, so hopefully thats a good sign,
*happy dance*
but its still not a 'done deal' so lets keep the yes votes coming.

If it were up to Colin I think it would have happened already, he has been a supporter of this idea pretty much from day one, and I must say it's nice to have a Mod on 'our side' but he can only add his vote to ours, thats why i started this poll to prove to admin that we would seriously like a DIY Zone.
:lol:

and while I seem to be flying the DIY zone flag, I may as well link to the DIY Group again.....
Why ? cos i can, and the more input the better,
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/groups/diy-enclosures-backgrounds-furniture-225/

Last edited:
Good to hear Jaxrtfm hopefully it works out good idea. Cheers Daniel

If I could vote twice I would! Information on DIY reptile projects is great for newbies like myself (and everyone for that matter).

If it were up to Colin I think it would have happened already, he has been a supporter of this idea pretty much from day one, and I must say it's nice to have a Mod on 'our side' but he can only add his vote to ours, thats why i started this poll to prove to admin that we would seriously like a DIY Zone.

cheers Jax :) best of luck with the DIY forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back